Sending old SGS3 to Pakistan

I want to send an old SGS3 to Pakistan through a courier service. Does the receiver have to obtain an NOC? What if I send it through a friend visiting PK, does the same apply?

Through courier it will be stuck at customs and an NOC would be required from PTA. Also you will be spending more money on courier than the market value of a GS3.

Better send through someone who will carry it. Mostly there is no restriction when one is carrying an old model mobile unless his baggage is full of other new mobiles / tablets etc.

Used phones are no longer allowed to be shipped to Pakistan and are immediately confiscated by post office / customs.

[quote=“djayz, post:3, topic:22294”]

Used phones are no longer allowed to be shipped to Pakistan and are immediately confiscated by post office / customs.

[/quote]

Whoa! WTH, when did this rule start? :o

I had a parcel detained at the lahore GPO and while it took me a few hours to get it released most of the guys were there for parcels related to mobile phones, brand new phones are allowed as long as they are correctly declared, they are still very painful to get a NOC certificate from PTA and plus there is upto 10,000Rs customs duty that you ultimately have to pay, its not really worth it to send any electronics to Pak, unless ofcrouse you're boarding to PK and you can stuff things in your hand carry and luggage..