Seems like no one's interested in 3G anymore? here it is

No one is talking about it?

“Three licences of 3G will be auctioned for a period of 15 years to both new and current players in the market,”

According to a PTA document, the base price for each 3G licence will be $210 million with bid earnest money of $31.5 million. The licence will be auctioned through multiple rounds and open outcry method.

Remember over 100 million dollars? I mentioned a long time ago.....

"Auction will be held on March 29"

http://tribune.com.p...for-3g-licence/

Congrats for now! but be prepared for paying big amounts to get 3G on your end....

And start thinking about if your favorite network will get the licence :P

Nice, we're gonna get 3G when other countries are moving to 4G... But good news nonetheless.

And i think the following networks are gonna buy the licenses.

1. Telenor 2. Zong 3. Mobilink

yupyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

F*ck. Now, licenses would be auctioned! So, this is the world. (Haste)

This is a technology-neutral license - operators, if they wish, can launch 3G or 4G.

IMO, a company shall buy the license and then lease it to others or some arrangement like that. I dont think that !@#$ telcos are interested at all.

You all are mistaken, don't you remember the auction when Warid and Telenor came in to Pakistan and for how much they got their license? Auctions for license is not a big/new deal in world, then why?

This is just budget support for the current inept government. That is why they are so quick and eager to sell off the licenses.

[quote=“Asad, post:8, topic:16375”]

This is just budget support for the current inept government. That is why they are so quick and eager to sell off the licenses.

[/quote]

That’s what actually it is… there is no other reason…

My doubts are even more… This money will go into the pockets Secure Pockets and not into the National Budget… and you will be paying big costs for 3G.

For National Interest > I’ll suggest companies to hold on for one more year (where we have waited that much) and do not pay a penny to this Govt. for these licences

^ditto