See the Screenshot Below - Can I have a stable 8mb connection?

Hello,
Experts please have a look on screenshot below of my connection DSL configuration.
Do you think i can have a working and stable 8mb connection? Currently i am having a 4mb connection which is working fine without any problems so far.

capture-20150812-203657.jpg

With a SNR margin of 7.4 ?.

No.

Sheikh 'Nein' Chilli

Nope SNR and Attenuation too low. First ask to switch your line from copper to fiber optic.

[quote=“Salman2010, post:3, topic:22150”]

Nope SNR and Attenuation too low. First ask to switch your line from copper to fiber optic.

[/quote]

His attenuation is fine, lower is better. SNR on the other hand is too low, probably a line issue. @OP get your line checked first. Complain @ http://www.twitter.com/PTCLCares

For stable 8mb you must need SNR over 25db but if you are on copper... forget it

i think you better stick with 4 Mbps .. other wise you may observe lot of DC problems

[quote=“Salman2010, post:3, topic:22150”]

[/quote]

I am already on optic fibre - atleast thats what i had odered PTCL to i-e a fiber optic connection.

[quote=“StrikerX, post:4, topic:22150”]

His attenuation is fine, lower is better. SNR on the other hand is too low, probably a line issue. @OP get your line checked first. Complain @ http://www.twitter.com/PTCLCares

[/quote]

Umm actually i am not having any problems with line. Plus the copper wire - well the whole connection - was replaced with new few months back.

[quote=“shafiq, post:5, topic:22150”]

For stable 8mb you must need SNR over 25db but if you are on copper… forget it

[/quote]

On copper from pole. But on fiber optic from Cabinet - atleast thats what my lineman tells me - since i ordered a fiber optic connection.

[quote=“DJNOMI, post:6, topic:22150”]

i think you better stick with 4 Mbps … other wise you may observe lot of DC problems

[/quote]

umm yeah like i use to observe when i tried to use a 4mb connection on my previous copper connection - which i now replaced with fiber optic.

UPDATE:

capture-20150813-225408.jpg

The above stats are fine to use an 8MB connection

Hello!

I think that if there is no issue with the line, then, there is a chance that some power scaling has been applied to the line lowering the margin(s)! I had to increase our telephone line's length via an extension to get a 'better' connection ... I believe this might have been caused by too aggressive a power scaling! If anybody else notices the same, I would be interested in knowing that!

Regards,

Ahmed

7 SNR margin was obviously very bad . 34 looks stable but tell you that it will disconnect on regular intervals.The lineman tells his own stories that you got fiber and stuff but in reality its not pure fivre to home FTTH connection line , Its FTTC fibre to cabinet .. From cabinet its merged with old rotten copper cabinet and then transmitted to street dps .. Thisnis where you loose the strength.. am astonished to see that ppl still use ptcl