SEA-ME-WE damaged again! are you affected?

On Maxcom DSL, browser was much slower than normal.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

same here , browsing is just almost dead.

Im getting 100kbps on 1mbps maxcom connection so no speed issues for me but when i try to play online games its lagging like hell and im getting disconnected with EA servers alot.

Nayatel is going fine. 512 and I asm getting around 60kps download and 50kps upload!

few sites are not opening including Google

[/quote]

Their DNS servers are not working. Use OpenDNS to bypass Nayatel DNS servers. OPenDNS DNS IPs are:

>>Asad

will this DNS thing work for MBL too? I am getting service from the Saddar Exchange and nothing's working. Coming through dial-up right now. And how exactly do i use these? Do i change the DNS servers in my browser?

Yes. Go to your LAN connection's properties and open up TCP/IP options. Specify the DNS there.

[/quote]

pings are high youtube streamign is damn slow 15 KB/s

torrent downloads are fine

Yes. Go to your LAN connection’s properties and open up TCP/IP options. Specify the DNS there.
[/quote]

thx man, it worked for me, way to go, by da way this thing is not working with firefox but with internet explorer the online streaming has gone almost to regular speed but not completely to regular.

anyway thx…

Can this be merged with the other thread on the same topic?

CYBERDSL user - Downspeed decreased to avg 5-7 from 14

i have some news that France Telecom will have the first of the 3 cables repaired by this thursday...

lets hope for the good times to come!

to date, my torrents are down. i can see peers, but they never connect.

i was just wondering, that in this era which we call the 'era of IT' and we call the world a global village, such an event reminds us how fragile we are! just a 'fish-net' or the notorious 'anchor' disrupts >80% communications.

just a thought.....

i guess they really gonna fix it by the end of week , as they promised 25th i am already getting better latencies from international servers .

Internet is working..it should work better

what the hell the net is doing...again some drastic happened????

what the hell the net is doing...again some drastic happened????

so friends .... any updates?

currently i am getting a down speed of 2.88kb/s, on a 512kbps DSL.

Expected date of full repair is 31st December.

So, how is everybody's net working now? My desi cable is still at crawling speeds... :(

using ptcl 512kb, browsing is slow, youtube is streaming at 5~10kb, i dont use torrents, but downloading from rapidshare @ 58~59KB/Sec