Satellite TV installation?

Well guys I'm new to this installation thingy. Can anyone please suggest which one of the services (Dishtv, Tata Sky, Airtel etc) is the best and their rates and do we have to buy only the smartcard or the DTH set-top box also? How much this whole installation amounts to?

All are illegal decoders.Price varies from place to place.Dishtv whole setup cost around 9000Rs plus 500-600rs monthly subscription.

As koder said prices vary from place to place. Quality wise Tata Sky and Airtel are best and price wise Dish TV. Yep you have to buy the decoder which will come with a smart card. Only smart card is of no use. Plus a small 2 feet dish or you can buy a regular 4 or 6 feet dish. Whole setup wont cost you more than 10K max depending on dth provider u choose.

I have a 6ft dish on which I am watching AsiaSat3S and NSS6.

Is it possible to get Dish TV or some other DTH receiver with the same existing dish and enjoy the DTH with combined AsiaSat3S channels?

Any recommendations about the decoder. Echolink, Mediastar? Which one is available here? And what about Imran's question? Anyone..?

^^^Decoder are provided by the dth company married with smart card. no other decoder will work.

@imran you have one dish fitted with 2 lnbs, one KU band for Dish TV and other c-band for Asiasat 3S and 2 receivers for each satellite. Its a very popular and typical setup these days.

Yes u can watch Dish Tv on a separate decoder with dual out KU band lnb. same is with c-band. but if u have a single solution c-band lnb then u can attach more than 5 receivers with it. But still you'll need 2 separate receivers for each satellite.

You can also watch Sun Direct on that setup which is available on Insat 4B same satellite which has DD Direct+ channels and you must be watching them on Dish TV decoder. Insat 4B is just 2 degree apart from NSS 6 and both can be accessed with one lnb.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@imran you have one dish fitted with 2 lnbs, one KU band for Dish TV and other c-band for Asiasat 3S and 2 receivers for each satellite. Its a very popular and typical setup these days.

[/quote]

I have one dish fitted with 2 lnbs, one KU band for Dish TV and other c-band for Asiasat 3S and they both work on 1 receiver for both satelite. Echlink 888 super plus.

^^^ are u watching Dish TV via CS on echolink receiver? or just DD Direct channels? without CS Dish TV can not work on this receiver.

actually I wrote NSS6 and you confused it with DishTV.

I have a 6ft dish on which I am watching AsiaSat3S and NSS6.

Is it possible to get Dish TV or some other DTH receiver with the same existing dish and enjoy the DTH with combined AsiaSat3S channels?

[/quote]

NSS 6 at 95.0°E got the package of dishtv.You can get the signal easily.You can watch both satellites on the same dish.But the game is you have to be clever enough to align the dish LNB’s :DI don’t think other dth provider is available on this satellite.

Shuak did you ever try cardsharing thingy?

^ I have tried card sharing on wateen and due to low ping time it didn't worked that time and after that I purchased a new pc which doesn't have RS-232 serial to connect.

I think you guys not getting my point.

I am getting FTA channels with these LNB's i.e C and KU band from 105.5E and 95E.

Now if I want to watch encrypted channels and I purchase only a receiver with a monthly pakage of DishTV, will it be possible to use the existing dish instead of new DTH's special dish and will it be possible to get 105.5E channels.

^^ If DishTv package is available on NSS6 95E then yes you can. Dish TV require KU band LNB directed to DishTV Satellite which seems to be there.

@everyone

1) I am going to replace my Dish. I am advised by Hall Road ppl that a 4ft fiber Dish is good enough to receive all AsiaSat3s C band channels.

2) Moreover, I have been advised to install a different LNB (Rs.1800/-) which can counter MobilePhone Tower interference.

3) Has anyone upgraded his receiver's software from Hall Road ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Echolink EL700 - AsiaSat3s 6ft C Band - IntelSat-7/10 6ft C Band - Sony KararaBaso 21"

Stereo Amplified Speakers attached Directly to EL-700

how will I combine dish tv and fta receiver?

actually I wrote NSS6 and you confused it with DishTV.
[/quote]

FYI Dish TV is available on NSS 6 satellite and u didnt mention before what channels u are watching. As i said before NSS 6 and Insat 4B are close enough to get them both on one LNB so you can get Dish TV and DD Direct+ channels (which is a FTA package and its frequencies are preset on Dish TV decoder) on one decoder. Now as you said you actually are NOT watching NSS 6 but Insat 4B’s FTA DD Direct+ channels, so yes you can watch Dish TV (available on NSS 6) and Sun Direct (available on Insat 4B) packages with same setup on provided decoders. For Asiasat 3S you still gonna need a separate receiver. You can combine these sats via a 4 port DiSEq switch which shud be installed on your current setup thats how you are watching 2 sats on one receiver.

@koder, yes i did. worked fine for Dish TV (opened most of the channels but not all) but not for Hotbird. too much freezing. i actually used echolink receiver which is not good for CS. will try again on Dreambox.

@imran, if you have a COM port on your motherboard then u can connect a header which you can get from a used pc hardware shop. thats what i did when i upgraded my pc.

@ahmadnaveed, if you are having problem with mobile tower signal then u must install the 1800 lnb which is called Single Solution lnb. You won’t need a 4 feet fiber dish, only lnb replacement will solve your problem but its OK if they say so. You can upgrade your receiver’s software yourself no need to pay them to do it.

Hey are the smartcards in Karachi and other places pirated or genuine? Any pirated card available and do they work fine?

Yup heard that echolink isn't good for cardsharing...channel freezez alot.Dm500s or envision plays them smoothly!

how will I combine dish tv and fta receiver?
[/quote]

I asked a mechanic in my city and he said get a dish TV receiver from me at Rs.5500 with MPEG2 quality. And you will have to run both receiver parallely. But to be honest I didn’t got his point, how to combine both of them on one TV without disconnecting one.

He’s charging Rs.700 per month for Dih TV and 7x12= 8400 for a whole year subsription without any discount.

Moreover now its time to get only a MPEG4, so I will not waste my money on this old crappy model.

Plus its quality isn't that good as compare to Tata Sky or Airtel. Better go for Sun DTH. Its in MPEG-4 and can be accessed on your current setup.

If you have only one AV input in your TV then you have to connect one receiver at a time. Most of current TV sets come with 2-3 AV inputs. So get a new TV or an multi AV combiner/selector if u find in your local market, something like this:

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://www.connectgear.com/AV_Selectors/avs24.jpg

^ Drowsy?

^^ LOL yea seems like.