Satellite Phone

I am thinking about Buying a Thuraya phone. Use it with ufone sim when signals are available. And use it with thuraya(roaming) when there are no gsm signals.. What do you guys think?

t

Are you planning to have weekly visits to K2? :P

P.S. If Thuraya has coverage on K2 :)

Its pretty expensive and only good for people who travel to remote areas

^ how much it cost u?

i don't have it dude! seen some person using it and he used to travel to gawader etc i think it used to cost around 30 k back then in 2004

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i don’t have it dude! seen some person using it and he used to travel to gawader etc i think it used to cost around 30 k back then in 2004
[/quote]

Thuraya is 40K…GSM/Satellite phone…Now one can use it with mobilink or Ufone and I think International raoming would be charged when u use the thuraya satellite…Normal charges when u use gsm…

Are you planning to have weekly visits to K2? :P

P.S. If Thuraya has coverage on K2 :)

[/quote]

No I am not…GSM coverage is not good at some of the places I visit from time to time… Like rural areas etc.

thuraya phoen wont work with an ordinary SIM (ufone or any other)...thuraya phone when in normal coverage area will get normal GSM signals...and when not in coverage area, it will shift to satelite..i dont think u can change sim in it..

thuraya phoen wont work with an ordinary SIM (ufone or any other)…thuraya phone when in normal coverage area will get normal GSM signals…and when not in coverage area, it will shift to satelite…i dont think u can change sim in it…
[/quote]

Ufone and mobilink sims work with Thuraya…I am pretty sure,why else would the mobilink and ufone websites claim roaming on Thuraya network… And Thuraya sim can work on mobilink and Ufone…

Dude....roaming on thuraya network means, that if you are in the area where only thuraya works...your mobilink or Ufone sim will work there because they have roaming agreement with them...

This doesnt mean your thuraya phone will work with mobilink or Ufone SIM...

I ve requested you earlier as well...buy yourself a Mobilink PCO...enough of these GSM phones :)

Dude…roaming on thuraya network means, that if you are in the area where only thuraya works…your mobilink or Ufone sim will work there because they have roaming agreement with them…

This doesnt mean your thuraya phone will work with mobilink or Ufone SIM…

I ve requested you earlier as well…buy yourself a Mobilink PCO…enough of these GSM phones :)

[/quote]

You have not requested that earlier…lol… Its an interesting one though. And if you visit www.thuraya.com,you would find out the Thuraya phone works with these networks. Its a gsm/satellite phone. How else would Mobilink and Ufone sims work with Thuraya? You would need to have the Thuraya phone to use mobilink and ufone sim with satellite…

Thurayya wil provide a sim which will use mobilink and ufone signals , but ufone and mobilink sims will not work on thurayya set . u can also confirm it from mobilink and ufone service center.

see this on http://www.thuraya.com.pk/localroaming.html

Roaming in Pakistan

THURAYA has signed roaming agreements with both the GSM operators in Pakistan i.e. Mobilink and Ufone.

Roaming partnerships allows THURAYA subscribers to use their mobile phones in a GSM service area. THURAYA subscribers can roam within their respective GSM operator’s network. e.g. when you are indoors you may experience weak satellite signals, to enjoy seamless connectivity you have an option of switching your handset to the compatible GSM network.

THURAYA subscribers (with THURAYA SIM cards) can access Mobilink or Ufone network area in Pakistan. Your handset on GSM preference will automatically catch the signals of the operator, whichever has stronger signals present. You can also exercise your network preference by opting for any particular operator. Please note that the tariff structures for using any particular GSM network will vary as per individual agreements with each operator.

GSM subscribers from networks who have roaming agreement with THURAYA can access THURAYA satellite services anywhere in the coverage area using their existing GSM SIM cards and a THURAYA Handset.

and tarrif is at http://www.thuraya.com.pk/priceplans.html

from here u can confirm that they GIVE THEIR OWN SIMS WITH THEIR HANDSETS

its is da best man well im usin it it works every where and it is a bit expensive than other connections...

U r nt agreeing wd us.. than why creat ths topic... if u can bear it ! than enjoy it! gud luck