Sata DVDRW

I want to buy Sata DVDRW, please guide me which brand i should purchase (Best One) and from which shop in ISB/RWP and what is the price range.

I bought an ASUS 20X SATA DVD Writer yesterday. Performance seems to be fine. I have burnt about 9-10 DVDs/CD-Rs by now and they have worked fine.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I bought an ASUS 20X SATA DVD Writer yesterday. Performance seems to be fine. I have burnt about 9-10 DVDs/CD-Rs by now and they have worked fine.
[/quote]

From which shop you bought this Drive.

[/quote]

From Micrographics? which model exactly and how much did it cost you?

I had a very bad Experience with LITE ON SATA DVDRW. Bought a new one and i became dead after brning almost 20 to 25 DVDs. Gave it in Warranty. After many many days almost 20 days and then after a sifarish i got a new one in warranty. This new one again is faulty since it broke a DVD in the drive

From Micrographics? which model exactly and how much did it cost you?

[/quote]

Yes, from Micrographics in Blue Area. I got it just in time. Now it is 100-150 rupees more expensive.

It was ASUS SATA DRW-2014S1T. Link

The list price was PKR2500 at that time. It’s PKR2600 now.

I had a very bad Experience with LITE ON SATA DVDRW. Bought a new one and i became dead after brning almost 20 to 25 DVDs. Gave it in Warranty. After many many days almost 20 days and then after a sifarish i got a new one in warranty. This new one again is faulty since it broke a DVD in the drive
[/quote]

Usually, breaking of discs while in the drive is due to faulty/cheap media.

^and usually occurs when you burn at higher speeds than the optical media supports

^

Cheap Chinese/Asian made unbranded disc are more prone to breakage while burning. Main cause is in manufacturing defects that hinder equally distributing laser's heat in burning process.

IS ASUS SATA DRW-2014S1T Dual layer DVD writer.

I am satisfied with ASUS DVD writer as i have already one but now i want one with dual layer writer and SATA also.

buy asus sata drw

i am very satisfied with my asus ide drw drive

LiteON is the worst brand for DVD writers...or may be do numbar copies are coming....cuz all ppl that i know are having problems wiv their LiteON dvd writers

I have also got an asus ide dvdrw (dual layer + light scribe) it's working fine for almost an year now and i've burnt many many dvds mostly those chinese ones without any problem whatsoever. and still working perfectly the only problem it has is the disc loading time is greater than other drives.