Samsung's First Tizen Smartphone - ANDROID IS DOOooooOOoOOMEDDD!

MEET SAMSUNG Z

Specifications:
4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED display
2.3 GHz quad-core processor (presumably a Snapdragon 800 or a down-clocked 801)
2GB of RAM
16GB of storage with microSD
8MP camera (rear), 2.1MP (front)
Category 4 LTE
Tizen 2.2.1 OS
138.2 x 69.8 x 8.5mm, 136g
2600mAh battery
Connectivity: NFC, IR Remote, GPS / GLONAS, 802.11 a/b/g/n (MIMO), BT 4.0
Fingerprint reader
Heart rate sensor
Software features: Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 3.0, Color theme customization
Faux-Leather (read: fake leather) back
A Hadware Home Button
Android Police: Android Is Clearly Dead Now: Samsung Announces Its First Tizen Smartphone
---------------------------------
There really isn't much info available, especially about its pricing, but i am personally curious how Tizen will hold out to Android. I have long anticipated Samsung will release a competitor to Android, like it did with BadaOS back in the days ... but i hoped this one (Tizen) to be better and more competitive.
Lets wait and see. Hoping to see more about this "Samsung Z" in the coming days.
What do you guys think?

Nice info

Protect your Samsung S5 Screen/LCD we provide mobile screen protectors.
For order Call: 0335-2740000, o41-8530005

you are really labouring under great misunderstanding bhaee jan:-) ..with introduction of only 1 phone with an unknown phone OS dumpes Android whole system?hahahaha quite a silly question........

These companies have been making their "exclusive" mobile OSes from a long time, but they've never been very successful except for the iOS.

Remember when Nokia launched Maemo? It was supposed to be epic, but what happened? It died...

this tizen will die too, soon after its launch, any individual such as upsilon or company can make OS it's not a big deal but support and application development is big problem, i remember when BADA OS came and people were waiting for basic apps like viber Skype Instagram etc but they didn't developed at all nor they pay any attention to bada os, Samsung repeating everything what happened to bada again :mellow:sent from an Unknown device using Tapatalk 2

Wow it looks cool, what is the price of this phone in Pakistan ?

i remember the days when Nokia launched N9 with Meego os.it rumoured that Android and ios is going to with The introduction of this os.time has passed no one except some expertise know about Meego.i think the os has not been intriduced in other phone except Nokia N9.so the future of Tizen seems like that.

Reviving an old thread...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

<strong>Samsung Z1 Tizen-based smartphone goes official</strong>
14 January, 2015 | Comments (52) | Post your comment

Tags: Samsung, Tizen

Just a day after there were reports that Samsung will launch its Z1 smartphone in India this week, the device has been launched with a price tag of INR 5,700 ($92). It is the company’s first Tizen OS-based smartphone in the country, and is available in White, Black, and Wine Red colour options.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The Samsung Z1 is powered by a Spreadtrum SC7727S chipset containing 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and Mali 400 GPU. The smartphone sports a 4-inch WVGA display, and runs Tizen OS 2.3.

The budget-minded Z1 comes with 768MB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory (expandable up to 64GB via microSD). It has a 3.1-megapixel rear camera and a VGA front-facing snaper, and packs in a 1500mAh battery. Other features include dual SIM support, as well as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 3G connectivity.

On the software side, the smartphone features built-in AntiVirus protection, an Ultra Power Saving Mode to extend the battery life, and free access to Hungama music for three months, as well as premium content though Club Samsung. It also lets you send SOS alerts, something which can be done by pressing the power button four times.

Reliance and Aircel users will also get 500MB of free 3G data per month for a period of 6 months with the device.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsungs_tizen_based_z1_smartphone_launched_in_india-news-10755.php

[/quote]

So, this thing is official... Not nearly as pretty as what the OP showed though. :P There's probably more to come later, but i still don't see this thing becoming successful. The competition is already too tight for newcomers to get a fair chance unless they could offer something revolutionary... which i highly doubt this thing could offer. We'll see how it goes. B)

Any update on tizen, Samsung now putting tizen in smart tvs

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

<h1 style="margin:0px;padding:0px 5px;border:0px;font-size:40px;line-height:1.5;font-family:‘Google-Oswald’, Arimo, Arial, sans-serif;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(255,255,255);background:url(“http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/assets6/i/pattern-diag-dark.gif");">Tizen-based Samsung Z3 allegedly passes through FCC, coming soon

Peter, 10 September, 2015

Samsung Tizen Rumors

Tizen found some success with the Z1, now the successor, Samsung Z3, is nearing launch. The project is reportedly overseen personally by the Vice Chairman of Samsung Electronics and passed through the FCC yesterday.

Of course, the US is probably not the primary target of the Z3. A few months ago the scuttlebutt was that Bangladesh, Nepal and India (where the phone was imported for testing) will be the initial stomping grounds of the Tizen-powered smartphone.

A week from now the Tizen Developer Conference kicks off in Shenzhen and it’s expected that the Samsung Z3 will there. It’s possible that it will launch alongside the Tizen-powered Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch.

Those two should bring a new major version of Tizen (v3.0). Other than that, the Samsung Z3 is epxcted to have a 5” 720p screen, Snapdragon 410 chipset with 1GB of RAM (1.5GB maybe) and 8GB of storage, 8MP + 5MP cameras (or 5MP + 2MP, not certain).

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/tizenbased_samsung_z1_allegedly_passes_through_fcc_coming_soon-news-13950.php

[/quote]

Well, Tizen is not dead on phones yet. A mere few phones have out, and a couple more are intended… But i personally don’t see em succeeding, there’s no reason why anyone would choose an inferior OS over a proper one. The only way these can remain relevant is if they’re priced much lower than their Android counterparts.

Tizen............let me guess......... a ripoff of android? :P

i think i heard this OS before but not sure.