Samsung "teasing" Apple (funny)

Amanda I forget to tell you, I've bought finally SG S2 finally, everything is fine- team viewer, skype, viber, camera, display and bla bla but there are two issues, while playing games, mobile get heat up from the back and the best battery timing I got till (with calls only with lowest brightness level) is 18 hours and minimum is of course 7 or 8 hours after full charging.......

heating is a comman problem in Samsung phones when playing games browsing net or using wifi and also they stated this in many of their phone's user manuals (don't worry about)

turn off wifi Bluetooth more specially vibration feedback and live wallpaper then check your battery performance if it stays still like before then return your battery they will replace you new one

p.s do you got this phone from in Pakistan or from abroad ?

[quote=“nvd650, post:2, topic:16065”]

Amanda I forget to tell you, I’ve bought finally SG S2 finally, everything is fine- team viewer, skype, viber, camera, display and bla bla but there are two issues, while playing games, mobile get heat up from the back and the best battery timing I got till (with calls only with lowest brightness level) is 18 hours and minimum is of course 7 or 8 hours after full charging…

[/quote]

bro… which ROM are you using… i m getting here more than 2 days of battery…

well if you do hardcore use then it will last 10 hours max...and if you do not do anything other than calls and sms then it would last a long long time(so long that you would get bored:D)... turn off bluetooth/wifi/gps when not using and always turn off the background apps(in task manager) that you do not need... i am sure when this phone will get ics, it will be freaking fast(right now on default 2.3.3 but still a 4s user fell over heals for my device's speed) and will then kick 4S's ass all over.... but by then i will shift to a quad core s3:D

[quote=“h4tEbr33d, post:5, topic:16065”]

well if you do hardcore use then it will last 10 hours max…and if you do not do anything other than calls and sms then it would last a long long time(so long that you would get bored:D)… turn off bluetooth/wifi/gps when not using and always turn off the background apps(in task manager) that you do not need… i am sure when this phone will get ics, it will be freaking fast(right now on default 2.3.3 but still a 4s user fell over heals for my device’s speed) and will then kick 4S’s ass all over… but by then i will shift to a quad core s3:D

[/quote]

Well totally agree with you, but then why not use my Nokia 1100 :)

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:4, topic:16065”]

bro… which ROM are you using… i m getting here more than 2 days of battery…

[/quote]

It’s what came in by defauld…2.3.3

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:16065”]

p.s do you got this phone from in Pakistan or from abroad ?

[/quote]

I got my phone from Faisalabad…

[quote=“nvd650, post:6, topic:16065”]

It’s what came in by defauld…2.3.3

[/quote]

see thats where you are sooo wrong ,

the world has reached 2.3.5 since long and you are still running 2.3.3… really bro?

upgrade your phone to 2.3.5 gingerbread with some good custom rom then see the performance and battery timing difference… it be like 2X…

i also use my phone much , but it lasts 2 days very easily… chill mahol…

Some tips:

1) don't sync every hour. If you want to, make sure it's very selective. Do you need to sync every-so often? When possible, use push.

2) Some say Facebook is a drainer. Logging in to Facebook chat via the FB app will drain the battery.

3) Check your battery stats; see what app is eating up the phone. You should see how long your phone is in "sleep" and how long it's awake. (awake time = total uptime of phone - total sleeping time; if the sleep is very, very little, something is terribly wrong)

4) Turn off what you don't need. You don't need to run bluetooth, wireless and GPS all the time.

5) you can change the kernel used by your phone (check out XDA forums for more dirt on this).

6) are you using automatic display brightness?

You know, you can achieve (almost) two days usage WITH data turned ON (data seems to hog more than wifi - and I'm talking about GPRS data).

*#2222# check your H/W version in newer H/W version they fixed heating problems

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:7, topic:16065”]

see thats where you are sooo wrong ,

the world has reached 2.3.5 since long and you are still running 2.3.3… really bro?

upgrade your phone to 2.3.5 gingerbread with some good custom rom then see the performance and battery timing difference… it be like 2X…

i also use my phone much , but it lasts 2 days very easily… chill mahol…

[/quote]

:) Unfortunately I am/was never in mobile rom things, I only once upgraded my Nokia N85 through PC suit, after than and before that I never did such a panga… will you guide me a bit as it’s not official available I guess…

Thanks in advance :)

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:16065”]

*#2222# check your H/W version in newer H/W version they fixed heating problems

[/quote]

FTA HW Version: Rev 1.5

the FTA HW Version: Rev 1.5 is an earlier version....

One of my friends galaxy manufactured in May 2011 has the Rev 1.7

Some say the heating issues have been fixed in the new versions.

my friend's Phone heats up only when he use Wi-fi for more than 1/2 hour

rest of the times it's as cold as a dead body...

well now u cant do anything but if you remove phone pouch while charging would reduce some heats

[quote=“shaheerk, post:8, topic:16065”]

Some tips:

1) don’t sync every hour. If you want to, make sure it’s very selective. Do you need to sync every-so often? When possible, use push.

2) Some say Facebook is a drainer. Logging in to Facebook chat via the FB app will drain the battery.

3) Check your battery stats; see what app is eating up the phone. You should see how long your phone is in “sleep” and how long it’s awake. (awake time = total uptime of phone - total sleeping time; if the sleep is very, very little, something is terribly wrong)

4) Turn off what you don’t need. You don’t need to run bluetooth, wireless and GPS all the time.

5) you can change the kernel used by your phone (check out XDA forums for more dirt on this).

6) are you using automatic display brightness?

You know, you can achieve (almost) two days usage WITH data turned ON (data seems to hog more than wifi - and I’m talking about GPRS data).

[/quote]

Thanks for all the tips, turned of auto sync, and other services. besides this, bluetooth, gps, brightnetss and such a things are always off, only wifi is a must for me but from battery usage I can see that wifi is consuming least battery sources.

[quote=“armada, post:12, topic:16065”]

the FTA HW Version: Rev 1.5 is an earlier version…

One of my friends galaxy manufactured in May 2011 has the Rev 1.7

Some say the heating issues have been fixed in the new versions.

my friend’s Phone heats up only when he use Wi-fi for more than 1/2 hour

rest of the times it’s as cold as a dead body…

well now u cant do anything but if you remove phone pouch while charging would reduce some heats

[/quote]

I’ve no pouch :(

Anyway I guess now I’ll do these all pangas but there are also chances of phone death :S?

Can I update HW version? Isn't it something like HW means hard ware?

^ no you can't its HW = hardware but don't be so worry about it its normal your phone not gonna blow up with that heating

[quote=“nvd650, post:14, topic:16065”]

I’ve no pouch :(

Anyway I guess now I’ll do these all pangas but there are also chances of phone death :S?

[/quote]

you kidding you have no pouch!!! it comes with every SGS2 go back to shop and tell em give me my pouch u ***!@#$%^

there are some tweaks which downclock CPU and it reduces battery consumption guaranteed but it gives lags in Phone i suggest you just stay warm with your phone and enjoy it you don’t need gas heater :D

I know it will not blow up, I do remember in days of Nokia 3310, after 30 minutes call it was really hard to continue call

[quote=“nvd650, post:18, topic:16065”]

I know it will not blow up, I do remember in days of Nokia 3310, after 30 minutes call it was really hard to continue call

[/quote]

you sounds like very very old man :D

lolz my profile says that I'm 31 years old and that is not false :) and yet I've one 3310 and one 1100 :)