Samsung Launches 3 new Android Phones

Galaxy S - Specs seem to be this one... , Review

their old top model android (being replaced by Galaxy S II) but still very good.

Galaxy Ace - Specs

this is a brand new mid range android - seems good.

Galaxy Mini - Specs

Brand new budget android

Can see specs better in this picture:

Does anyone know the prices?

Never was a Samsung fan.. :/

Any prices?

^ Seems like teletec are selling it. No prices yet though.

samsung2.png

EDIT:

Prices:-

Galaxy S (GT-i9003) Rs.39,800/-

Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) Rs.27,900/-

Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) Rs.17,900/-

N.B: Photo edited to give spotlight to the mobiles

Well it looks like Android smartphones are finally picking up the pace in Pakistan!

Looks like finally the Andorid manufactureres are waking up and the competition will finally heat up!

First the IDEOS from Zong (even though some Androids were launched before this).

Then Ufone introduces 3 sets.

Now Samsung officially intro's these 3 sets.

Now I think Zong will introduce IDEOS X3 soon at a reasonable price!

It would be great of we could know the prices of these 3 samsung Andorid phones!

Today the market is closed, other wise I would have called (Actually I did, but no one is picking up the phone).

(Phone Numbers are posted in the 2nd image of the first post by KO, so whoever calls first tomorrow, then please do update the price in this thread).

I've had my eye on Galaxy Ace. It looks good, 800Mhz processor and an HVGA screen seem good for a mid-range phone. Hope it's not too expensive.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Never was a Samsung fan… :confused:
[/quote]

neither was i… but andoid forced me to become one…

I am loving my Galaxy S i9000 from Samsung…

and i think they suck i low and mid range phones but ROCK in TOP NOTCH phones,

and i think they suck i low and mid range phones but ROCK in TOP NOTCH phones,

[/quote]

I have to disagree here. Samsung has rock solid low end phones and some very good looking mid range phones. It has given a very tough time to Nokia in Asian markets. In fact its the only company besides Nokia which is offering from low end to very high end phones. All other manufactuers have “lost it” and only supporting Android. Look at Motorola and Sony Ericsson, they have totally forgotten the middle and low end market.

Look at Motorola and Sony Ericsson, they have totally forgotten the middle and low end market.
[/quote]

two thumbs up to motorola and sony ericsson. its smart phone time!

^^ i am not into social commentary what economics of some other segment of population is, all i know that i am doing pretty ok as upper middle class person shuker alhamdullah, and the motorola's droid phones are very nicely priced and i can buy them without any reservation.

there are people above me in wealth-o-meter who drive mercedez and porsche in pakistan, i am not jealous of them nor i think they owe me anything, i am always happy with what i got, so should anybody below me should not have concern how i think or what i got.

Just called them and got to know the prices:

Galaxy S Rs.39,800/-

Galaxy Ace Rs.27,900/-

Galaxy Mini Rs.17,900/-

Those prices include commission, so from a dealer getting them direct from Samsung willing to forgo some commision, the prices are about 1000 rs less.

^Are you sure? I called Samsung Customer Service Plaza..

Galaxy S was the first and only Samsung phone I ever used (Only because of Android). And I believe it was the last as well. But will see if there would be any better I could use in future.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and for some reason, it will only work for 10 minutes off charge so its has to be constantly on charge, i don't know whats wrong with it .. can any body help?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and for some reason, it will only work for 10 minutes off charge so its has to be constantly on charge, i don’t know whats wrong with it … can any body help?
[/quote]

Signs of a dead battery! What about a warranty claim ?

Sister recently got Samsung Galaxy i5510. It has a QWERTY keyboard too that slides out from left. It's pretty neat so far without any problems.

Galaxy S was the first and only Samsung phone I ever used (Only because of Android). And I believe it was the last as well. But will see if there would be any better I could use in future.
[/quote]

Galaxy S is my first ever Samsung phone. It was not bad out of box, but since Android has lot many options for tweaking and me being techy, so tweaked it to my satisfaction and am happy with it. Its my pocket computer now.

Samsung offers great hardware but they still need to improve S/W side and support.