Samsung L700 slow internt /EDGE

My problem is ZONG connection that has EDGE availability in my area and has speed of 1-2KBPS when using in Samsung L700 mobile and speed 4-5KBPS when mobile is connected to PC. But when same SIM is used on the NOKIA 6303 the speed in mobile browser is good ranging to 15-20KBPS.

I think there is wrong with modem of samsung L700 set. Modem version of Mobile is shp:vpp r5 2.1.1. Can I Tweak the modem or do some thing else like FLASHING the set? or any other suggestion?. Please some one help to solve the problem.

L700 has Class 10 - Means less slots available for downloading and uploading.

6303 has Class 32- Means more slots available for downloading and uploading.

Zong EDGE Sucks big time, distorted streaming, 15KB/s maximum downloading etc etc, where as they claim to provide 59KB/s in Lahore main city! LIARS!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

L700 has Class 10 - Means less slots available for downloading and uploading.

6303 has Class 32- Means more slots available for downloading and uploading.

Zong EDGE Sucks big time, distorted streaming, 15KB/s maximum downloading etc etc, where as they claim to provide 59KB/s in Lahore main city! LIARS!

[/quote]

OK , Its Class 10 for GPRS but it’s also capable Class 10 for EDGE which mean down speed up to 236kbps.

My phone shows sign E on screen for EDGE availability but speed sucks which is not more than GPRS class 10 ie 48kbps. That is why I think that modem of my set is faulty or not configured properly but I don’t know how to configure or change settings for mobile modem.

^ I don't think its a modem issue, the point is Zong GPRS is a FAIL these days, i am a postpay customer and i lodged 3-4 complaints about slow speeds of Edge/GPRS but always they send sms problem resolved where as in real nothing happens. I tried using LG ViewtyR 3G supported 7.2Mbps HSDPA, and Omnia Class 12 HSDPA 7.2 Mbps but never got above 12Kb/s on mobile and 25Kb on PC.

Install opera mini and then check the results

Oh BTW my L700 got stolen a few weeks back.... i really liked that phone even more than my expensive sets (BBerry 8830, Nokia E61)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Install opera mini and then check the results

Oh BTW my L700 got stolen a few weeks back… i really liked that phone even more than my expensive sets (BBerry 8830, Nokia E61)

[/quote]

I have tried by installing /using Opera Mini, BOLT and UCWEB Browser. Result are not much different. I rarely use default ACESS browser.

BTW what was your experiecne of Net speed on L700.

I couldnt use it cuz I had TMobile on it :(

install firefox 4.0 beta.....