Samsung Galaxy S II – Pre-Orders Starts Now

I believe most of you were willing to buy Samsung Galaxy S II once it arrives. But also might be wondering of its very high price around Rs.80K

here is a quite happy news for you. You can buy it for Rs.57,000/- with official warranty of one year.

Only you need to hurry up and have to pre-order the phone on Samsung Pakistan's official Facebook Page. It's limited in stock

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungPakistan?sk=app_213600618660147

1.jpg

thanks a lot for sharing.

heard a lot of good things about this phone :)

Nice offer. I hope it doesn't have any catch. Like there's variant(s) of Nexus S with different type of display thus cheaper. KA, in case you know, what are official channels of Samsung for cell phones in Pakistan? I mean the likes of Nexus S are available in Pakistan via?

^ Nope! the variant of SGSII for Pakistan is perfect in that sense and only a single with Super AMOLED Plus Display. You won't have any optional variants to choose from AFAIK.

Samsung's official website serves nothing special in high-end smartphones. But they are regular at their facebook page which is linked in the original post. whatever new they have, you will be notified right on the spot via their fb page. Even they start shouting about their upcoming products or offers to attract more customers. You better be stay connected to their fb page to have latest news about new smartphones from Samsung in Pakistan. However there is not any other channel I knew about but personal contacts do great job if you are socially active.

so when it will be available to those who place order there?

57k is quite a lot lower than the 70-80k that it was being sold in the market for previously..

I have two fears regarding this phone though:

1) Since this is a Samsung phone, its price would drop pretty rapidly. It's for 57k right now but within a few months, it'll stabilize at 35-40k.. (Unlike the iPhone4, which stayed at 60-70k for a very, very long time).

2) The iPhone5 might be announced before the American holiday season...

Are my fears completely unfounded?

First I have my doubts about this pre-orders thing. Why this booking is not on Samsung Official Pakistan website ? I don't believe on facebook pages. Who knows if the booking is really genuine by Samsung and warranty will be provided if ever needed ?

Secondly don't expect the price to come further down, because this is realistic price. This handset is at 550 Euro in Europe. The figures of 70-80K are inclusive of huge profits of third party importers.

As per Samsung's official website, they never did officially launch the Galaxy S GT-I9000 in Pakistan and we are expecting Galaxy S II to be officially launched.

I am interested in buying this phone, So Any review about this phone? Price of this phone is comparatively high in here. its nearly 690CHF, 70K(PKR) where as in Pakistan its price is 54K,so isn't a big price difference?

I think some Pakistani is getting idea as to expected sales and might come up (six months later) with some degraded model (for example LCD model of SGS-II instead of AMOLED), otherwise there is no reason that Samsung has so much sympathy about Pakistanis. Why should Samsung sell it at lower price, I am unable to understand.

There are lot of reviews on the web already.

I would buy one indeed, only if anyone can sponsor the funding :D

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:10, topic:14736”]

I would buy one indeed, only if anyone can sponsor the funding :D

[/quote]

I that case, I would go for (much) more than one :D

i guess this pre order thing is a big fraud.. if it says cash on delivery then it's acceptable else never ever try it :P and also wait for HTC Sensation almost with same specs as of sgs2

Has anyone bought it? Today I received a call from Samsung asking me if I am interested in buying it. It will be available for sale in Pakistan at selected Teletec outlets from 23rd of July 2011.

[quote=“melleck, post:13, topic:14736”]

Has anyone bought it? Today I received a call from Samsung asking me if I am interested in buying it. It will be available for sale in Pakistan at selected Teletec outlets from 23rd of July 2011.

[/quote]

What price they offered you? and how will you compare it with HTC sensation?

[quote=“nvd650, post:14, topic:14736”]

[/quote]I have seen and used the HTC Sensation for some time. It was a disappointment, the blazing fast speeds which I was expecting from a dual core processor was not there. As a matter of fact, it was lagging. Not sure about SGS II, currently I am using SGS and willing to buy SGS II but waiting for some feedback.

[quote=", post:15, topic:14736"]

I have seen and used the HTC Sensation for some time. It was a disappointment, the blazing fast speeds which I was expecting from a dual core processor was not there. As a matter of fact, it was lagging. Not sure about SGS II, currently I am using SGS and willing to buy SGS II but waiting for some feedback.

[/quote]

hmm gsmarena says same about sensation, I used before htc hd2 for almost 15 months. that was good enough with speed. gsmrena says that lagging is due its high gpu and and high resolution. But plus point is its camera with instant capture feature on the other hand SGSii is very good in speed as benchmarks tells about on gsmarna. But now again a big confusion is evo 3D :D

[quote=“nvd650, post:14, topic:14736”]

[/quote]

They are offering it at 57,000 rupees and also with a gift. I haven’t bought it yet but I have heard a lot of goodies about it.

This question might be irrelevant to most of you but can you check the exact frequency it works on ?

[quote=“punk, post:18, topic:14736”]

This question might be irrelevant to most of you but can you check the exact frequency it works on ?

[/quote]

Here are the specs direct form the horse’s mouth

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html

I think you had asked this before about some other handset as well. Can you explain it more ?

[quote=", post:19, topic:14736"]

Here are the specs direct form the horse’s mouth

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html

I think you had asked this before about some other handset as well. Can you explain it more ?

[/quote]

See it shows two frequencies. So they release it for either of them. In Pk, since we dont have 3g, and primary use is for Voice / Txt it dont matters.

Quad band GSM 850/900/1800/1900

Quad band UMTS 850/900/1900/2100

I am on UMTS network. This phone is expensive abroad. So If the one launched in PK is the UMTS , then I will pick it up :)