Samsung DVD

Guys i have a samsung dvd rom...

it plays all the dvds vcds but just doesn't play cherry dvds ( dvds on which cherry is written ) .

any of u having same problem ???

Mayby your dvd player does'nt like cherries, try banana dvd's :D

ya banana dvd works infact all other works except cherry !

What is "Cherry DVD" and what is "Banana DVD"? Why am I left so behind in technology that now fruit salad is mixed with DVDs? :(

/\ Lol, We were talking about brands. :D

I wonder this problem is due to thickness of dvd because in vcd i got this problem while i was writing a new vcd. OR When the cd-rom gets older its lens gets weaker and possibly may not read any of the cd or dvd.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When the cd-rom gets older its lens gets weaker and possibly may not read any of the cd or dvd.
[/quote]

Man my rom is new, still got warranty…

i have a smasung dvd rw, not only does it burn on cherry dvds , but also reads them

try to clean your lens and please do so carefully

read on the net on how to do it.

You never know when a herdware could brake down. Get your your lens cleaned via cd cleaner and don't open your cd-rom or you will get your warranty void. I wanted to know whats big deal dont play cherry dvds! just chill and get some other. I will also advise you to always get cd or dvd-roms of asus coz its best.

if da lens is dirty than how could it play other dvds ?!

N all my favourite games like gta4, far cry 2, nfs most wanted e.t.c come in cherry dvd

How you recognize or differentiate between Cherry DVD or Banana DVD or other what-ever DVD dics?

How you recognize or differentiate between Cherry DVD or Banana DVD or other what-ever DVD dics?
[/quote]

I written on da top of dvd

[/quote]

This is a Cherry Dvd :P

Cherry_Dvd.jpg

i think Cherry DVD has some different Reading/Writing speed on it which is different to ur samsung dvd rom (may be) i cant explain technical point u can google it abt ur DVD specifications and Cherry's DVD Reading/Writing Speed too.

@Ultimate

Very thank you for posting the picture. I never notice on DVD discs even I handle them daily.

By looking at some discs currently sitting on my desk, none of them has Cherry or Banana on it.

Are Cherry and Banana discs cheaper than others?

@Ultimate

Very thank you for posting the picture. I never notice on DVD discs even I handle them daily.

By looking at some discs currently sitting on my desk, none of them has Cherry or Banana on it.

[/quote]

Nope

@Ultimate

[/quote]

Yes they are.

they are cheaper than sony, lg, etc dvdr’s AND are also better than 3rd class dvdr’s.

I mainly use sony dvdr’s, but sometimes i also use cherry and other dvdr’s.

I have Samsung DVD+CDRW (COMBO) 5 years old and cherry dvd's works fine on Samsung combo

i have a samsung dvd combo and cherry dvds work fine on that as well