Sales fall down in rainbow, mobile market saddar karachi

since the price increase in commodities in pakistan i have visited rainbow and and mobile market saddar several times. there is a strange uneasiness there and shop keepers are complaining that sales of cds and mobile phones (new and old) have fallen dramatically. These are fewer people shopping in the market and especially rainbow has much fewer customers..

with sky-rocketting dollar, and prices of basic necesseties rapidly going beyond reach of masses who is going to buy these luxuries?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

since the price increase in commodities in pakistan i have visited rainbow and and mobile market saddar several times. there is a strange uneasiness there and shop keepers are complaining that sales of cds and mobile phones (new and old) have fallen dramatically. These are fewer people shopping in the market and es[ecially rainbow has much fewer customers…
[/quote]

same is the case with everything these days! people don’t have the buying power!

The CD shops in our area are always brimming with buyers.

On the weekends, it's hard to find a place to stand in those

things. Some shops in boating basin charge 6 times the going

rate at Rainbow Center for a DVD and people happily pay

those exorbitant rates. These are your regular burned, not

the punched DVDs.

Maybe over time, the price difference between Rainbow and

other areas of the city has dissipated, removing the incentive

to trek all the way there for something s/he can easily get

from their neighbourhood shop ?. Specially now, that some

shops in the city take personal requests, d/l them over high-

speed internet and burn it for you, right there.

Sheikh 'Skittles' Chilli

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i have completely forgotten about buying or as i used to do renting. man i download them and with better ALOT BETTER prints. and yes of course games too. no need to go buy dvd's and cd's. only when i need to put something on cd/ dvd then i get my fav sony cd/dvd r or rw and burn. thank you torrents and internet.

I can understand how the movie vendors like Rainbow centre are losing customers. With ever increasing affordability of high speed internet and local shops cropping up all the time (which cater to personal requests) who would trek all the way to Rainbow centre? be it in your personal car or the public bus,going all the way up there is a big hassle. I was a big buyer once but once I switched over to DSL there was no looking back. I haven't been to rainbow centre in well over two years! Many of my friends have also switched over to our 'high' speed internet. Moreover a good internet connection allows you to indulge in your specific choices, unlike stores. Many a times I came back empty handed having found nothing particularly interesting but now I just have to look up a couple of reviews/recommendations, search for the torrent and voila I am watching the dvd rip in almost 4 hours, of course with no intermittent loadshedding. :)

I can understand how the movie vendors like Rainbow centre are losing customers. With ever increasing affordability of high speed internet and local shops cropping up all the time (which cater to personal requests) who would trek all the way to Rainbow centre? be it in your personal car or the public bus,going all the way up there is a big hassle. I was a big buyer once but once I switched over to DSL there was no looking back. I haven’t been to rainbow centre in well over two years! Many of my friends have also switched over to our ‘high’ speed internet. Moreover a good internet connection allows you to indulge in your specific choices, unlike stores. Many a times I came back empty handed having found nothing particularly interesting but now I just have to look up a couple of reviews/recommendations, search for the torrent and voila I am watching the dvd rip in almost 4 hours, of course with no intermittent loadshedding. :)
[/quote]

dude you got that right its so true, i have been doing the same for movies and music,

but mobile market is f@#ked for sure due to dollars these small time khoka vendors will take the hit, there average sale of mobile phones is up to 5000 rupees new sets and used phones and also accessories khoka vendors they are really f#$ked.

as for rich people who buy 15000 rupees and up phones i don’t think it makes much difference to them if they have to pay 4 to 5 thousand rupees extra.

as for rich people who buy 15000 rupees and up phones i don’t think it makes much difference to them if they have to pay 4 to 5 thousand rupees extra.
[/quote]

You would be surprised.

15000 isn't rich... its mid range...

25k and up are expensive.

15000 isn’t rich… its mid range…

25k and up are expensive.

[/quote]

yar ok 25k i was just giving example, all i was saying if someone could buy a 25k phone then if he pays 5k extra for dollar going up ziyada sey ziyada 2 galiyaan’ dey ga key aur keh key kiya rip off hae then he’ll buy the phone anyway and 5k extra oos ko bankrupt nahee ker day gee.

what about the labor category who make 100 to 150 rupees per day for bara sey tera ghantey key kaam key, have you seen the rates of poor people restaurants freakin’ dal is sellling for 25 rupees a plate 1 nan is 5 rupees. if he eats sookhi daal aur do nan freakin’ 35 rupees gone no where so tell me "oos mazdoor ney pura adha din ghadoon’ ki tarha serif 1 plate sukhi dal aur do nan key liyay kaam kiya?

^ Go over the rules again, if you haven't already:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Use of Roman Urdu is prohibited.

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i have completely forgotten about buying or as i used to do renting. man i download them and with better ALOT BETTER prints. and yes of course games too. no need to go buy dvd’s and cd’s. only when i need to put something on cd/ dvd then i get my fav sony cd/dvd r or rw and burn. thank you torrents and internet.

[/quote]

true. I too have not bought anything on cd/dvds for months except dvd dls for burning games. last time i rented a movie was dec 2007. :lol: i went to see the guy at the movie shop, just to say hello, and he said he thought I had gone to some other city/country. :lol:

yar ok 25k i was just giving example, all i was saying if someone could buy a 25k phone then if he pays 5k extra for dollar going up ziyada sey ziyada 2 galiyaan’ dey ga key aur keh key kiya rip off hae then he’ll buy the phone anyway and 5k extra oos ko bankrupt nahee ker day gee.

what about the labor category who make 100 to 150 rupees per day for bara sey tera ghantey key kaam key, have you seen the rates of poor people restaurants freakin’ dal is sellling for 25 rupees a plate 1 nan is 5 rupees. if he eats sookhi daal aur do nan freakin’ 35 rupees gone no where so tell me "oos mazdoor ney pura adha din ghadoon’ ki tarha serif 1 plate sukhi dal aur do nan key liyay kaam kiya?

[/quote]

dude i thought you was a business tycoon. how you know all that? :o

but whatever you said really makes me sad

dude i thought you was a business tycoon. how you know all that? :o

but whatever you said really makes me sad

[/quote]

haha :lol:. tycoon…

@musafir

@pawnd

You ask how do i know all this and challenge my tycooness

well grand daddy of all tycoons GORDON GEKKO said "only valuable commodity I know of is "INFORMATION", wouldn't you agree?

THINK ABOUT IT.

@musafir

@pawnd

You ask how do i know all this and challenge my tycooness

well grand daddy of all tycoons GORDON GEKKO said "only valuable commodity I know of is “INFORMATION”, wouldn’t you agree?

THINK ABOUT IT.

[/quote]

pwned

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
[/quote]

i dont know y my friend but u seems to me very much like a clone of ruhaan jslip

like taking panga or part in every thread whether u hav some thing to say or not…

good.

xe phantom - which internet service do you use?