Salaaaaaaam...a noob here looking for advice gaming

a beginner in both the forum and gaming

i like your forum; hope you accept me among you, despite the fact am not pakistani, but i do live currently in pakistan.

i need an advice about good gaming: i have a modest computer with 3 gh processor, 1 gb ram and an ati radeon 550 card with 128 ram.

recently i finished "resident evil 4", was a hard but enjoyable journey for both me and my box; what do you think would be the next most appropriate journey?

and, how do i get a good and cheap vga card? and what do you advise me?

thanks in advance

YakRib

buy your agp card 2nd hand from galaxy,there are many games in market take your pick

Dude I would recommend that you invest a little money and change the rig you have. Go for a ASUS Blitz or Maximus with PCX slot. Get a decent 8600GT or 9600GT with at least 2 Gigs of RAM. You are good to go for at least a couple of years and all new games will work on it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dude I would recommend that you invest a little money and change the rig you have. Go for a ASUS Blitz or Maximus with PCX slot. Get a decent 8600GT or 9600GT with at least 2 Gigs of RAM. You are good to go for at least a couple of years and all new games will work on it.
[/quote]

chipmunk is right. 8600GT is around 6000 i think and will cover you for at least an year or so.

let me ask you this. did you play RE4 without a glitch. if so then there are many good games that you can play. Devil May Cry:Dante’s Awakening is also ps2 turned pc title and is very very good.

one thing more tell us what kind of games do you like to play?

what a nice way to introduce yourself, by calling yourself a "noob" (y)

what is wrong with a noob? everybody is a newbie once in a while

chipmunk must be right, but i have a pci express slot by the way.

i played RE4 without a glitch, yeah...

devil may cry i heard is a tough game, only for experienced gamers; do you know it took me about 2 months to finish re4? including exams and stuff.

one other reason is my joystick, i bought a cheap one (200 Rs.) and i had difficult time aiming at the guys in re4, leon looked much like a drunkard trying to play cop.

i like survival-horror type of games.

i loathe rpg - strategy games.

thank you all for your hospitality.

i played RE4 without a glitch, yeah…

devil may cry i heard is a tough game, only for experienced gamers; do you know it took me about 2 months to finish re4? including exams and stuff.

one other reason is my joystick, i bought a cheap one (200 Rs.) and i had difficult time aiming at the guys in re4, leon looked much like a drunkard trying to play cop.

[/quote]

But there’s this difference between a noob and a newbie. A newbie is someone who sucks at something bad because they are new at it. But then there are noobs, who have been playing a game for years and years but still are pathetic anc suck real bad.

i played RE4 without a glitch, yeah…

[/quote]

check this thread. see if any of the games are available in pc version and remember you can always play ps1 games on your pc. i recommend silent hill.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=457

also you gotta play this game Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher Bay one of the best game ever.

but first check will it work on your pc. it worked on my old pc which had very crappy graphics card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick:_Escape_from_Butcher_Bay