Running wireless Router with Desi UPS

Has anyone tried plugging Wireless router with Desi UPS.

I am using it for about 2 years

any problem?

I am also using it. Its TP Link TL-WR741ND.

I think it should run alright. The only thing that has created problems for me on UPS are the ceiling fans! Their capacitors normally wear out when running on a UPS. Also i have heard that you should not use any electronic item with a "battery" on UPS, such as cellphones and a laptop. Not sure if it is factually true though.

@kuya

Desi UPS doesn't generate pure sine wave output thus destroys sensitive electronics such as computer.

@imran

i'have exactly the same model. how long you have been using it?

power supply of PC or adapter of router may be affected

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Also i have heard that you should not use any electronic item with a “battery” on UPS, such as cellphones and a laptop. Not sure if it is factually true though.
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
@kuya

Desi UPS doesn’t generate pure sine wave output thus destroys sensitive electronics such as computer.

@imran

i’have exactly the same model. how long you have been using it?

[/quote]

Really? I’ve been using my laptop, wireless router, PC, TV and even my phone charger on UPS for a while now. Hope I don’t end up with a busted laptop one day.

@kuya

@imran

i’have exactly the same model. how long you have been using it?

[/quote]

I am using it for about 6 months.

Really? I’ve been using my laptop, wireless router, PC, TV and even my phone charger on UPS for a while now. Hope I don’t end up with a busted laptop one day.

[/quote]

We are discussing Desi UPS. The term Desi UPS refers to cheap local made UPS which does not produce Pure sine wave output.

so which UPS u r using?

@kuya

Desi UPS doesn’t generate pure sine wave output thus destroys sensitive electronics such as computer.

[/quote]

I was actually asking that what kind of problem did you have with it?.. I suppose you meant “me” for “kuya”… right?

any ways

here is what I have the things lost due to this UPS

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6753

- The thing is, now I still have the same UPS with some modifications including batteries.

- for computers equipment, I only attached the router and modem, they mostly remain turned on. And thank God that they are fine now and never got any problem afterwards.

- After buying a new computer with Cooler Master PSU, I didn’t put it on the UPS. (doing this was also good for me to restrict little bro from using the computer all the time)

Any ways now I can’t trust this Desi UPS any more and can not take risk with computer equipments. However all other things under UPS including, TV, lights, fans, are working good since the time when first the UPS was installed at home.

@rizla

This is true that these UPS make trouble mostly if not built good. I heard often about these issues but as well there are exceptions with really good build UPS.

- 2nd the UPS, in subject, is the “Desi UPS” (normally every 2nd electrician in market will be offering to service for you, even when he is not enough expert in UPS, as I observed)

- 3rd specifically for Laptops, It’s recommended to maintain a “constant” power supply to the laptop so that the battery would charge in normal condition and micro components do not get harmed with unusual power supply. None of the UPS or even the Power Generator would be recommended to be used to power up your laptop. (mostly the batteries are reported as drained quickly in this issue) but again if you have got a good UPS then there shouldn’t be any trouble.