Rules for sellers

Whenever someone wants to sell something, they almost always give insufficient amount of information. From now onwards please make sure you include the following information in your posts:

- Item and its condition

- A listing of items which are included/part of the sale alongside any main products.

- Asking Price. Is it negotiable?

- City of residence. Willing to ship to other cities?

- Do you have pictures? If yes please post them.

- Contact information

Most importantly, read the RULES: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

no rule for number of posts.....

i guess there shud b a rule that only persons wid 50+ posts are allowed to sell things

this may cause to stop scam and there will b an arbitrary image of that person's morale....

Asad and Seh: You should also seriously consider applying another rule here. At least 30 posts before you could make a post on Buy/Sell forum. Google and other search engines are always crawling these forums and before you know it, we'll be seeing more spam than ever before because there are already limited resources to sell stuff online for us Pakistanies. You should seriously consider applying this certain rule.

I hope this suggestion would at least be discussed :)

Thanks,

z

Some people here always think negative about the offer , I request u all not to be offensive here , be polite and understand the seller's point of view. Unlike other forums , some specific people here are not acting positively. I pray to Allah that he might give them HIDAYAT !!!!

We all try to be polite. Many people here try to help buyer and seller by extracting more information from seller and inform buyers from any consequences.

Nobody want that WiredPakistan.com forums get bad name due to few sellers tried to cheat innocent people.

It's all about money!

yeah , we should be polite here , i can show ur recent post in which u r still harsh , come on man , dont act like this , u r a senior member ans as a senior u should be polite to juniors . Thats what we have been taught during our educational time.

It is your thinking that some people are cheating but just for a moment think as a third person , dont get emotional and you will get the answer.

Chill Dude

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

We all try to be polite. Many people here try to help buyer and seller by extracting more information from seller and inform buyers from any consequences.

Nobody want that WiredPakistan.com forums get bad name due to few sellers tried to cheat innocent people.

It’s all about money!

[/quote]

Its your thinking that it is all about money !

I am not very old on this forum but i've been in many ......

i wud strongly disagree to the idea of puting any restriction about minimum number posts..........

i wonder what is the gaurantee that ur members would not cheat after 30 or 50 posts. Such condition wud add nothing but the embarisment to new sellers.

Hope u wud understand ...........

thanx

Mansoor Ahmad

^ You say that only because you've posted a billion ads and nothing else...lame

Some ppl join the forum only to post their ads and to cheat, like the member terrysmith did

So, I am in favour of restricting acess to buy/sell forum till the member makes certain amount of posts

@Sah: u r right ....... i have posted a couple of ads but thats not the reason behind this........

@ evil_dust: As evil_dust has mentioned terry smith .............. i am not saying that ppl dont cheat .........exceptions are always there.

all i am saying is that buyers must also take precautionary actions b4 payement.........

Otherwise, one might cheat evn after thousand msgs .......... u know msgs do not do the security clearance of any member.....

i've heard a story of site admin who cheeted........... and went out of state............ what can v do about that unless we know him personaly ....... but restricting such rights to personal community wud not be very healthy invitation to new commers.........

i hope, i have made my point clear.

^ The main purpose of this forums to discuss technology in Pakistan. Main of purpose of this forums is not selling things because blog (by KO) on WiredPakistan.com is not about selling things but about technology.

Selling section in this forums is only a privileged, not flag-ship item of this forums. If anything could be consider as flag-ship then it will be "Internet Service" section.

Due to more number of people here (most of them are innocent Pakistanis) that's why many people (sorry to say but it's true) are trying to loot/fool them. Every month there are 2 to 10 fraud posts and moderators have to close/ban them.

If moderators let this section go wild then after few cases of fraud this forums will get bad name.

If you think that there are too many restrictions in this forum for selling items then I purpose you to create an eBay style Pakistani web-site (not matter how small and simple), whose main purpose is to sell things.

I agree with Shoukat and Zeeshan.

There should be a requirement for a seller to have 30 or 50 posts before posting an ad.

Aoa

Can I post an ad that I can offer upgrading of WM Phones?

Is it legal?

only in some cases... some companies offer the upgrading om WM for select models and others dont, so if u r upgrading or a mobile that doesnt hv upgrading offered by company then u hv to get a custom flash ROM, then it is illegal

Asad and Seh: You should also seriously consider applying another rule here. At least 30 posts before you could make a post on Buy/Sell forum. Google and other search engines are always crawling these forums and before you know it, we’ll be seeing more spam than ever before because there are already limited resources to sell stuff online for us Pakistanies. You should seriously consider applying this certain rule.

I hope this suggestion would at least be discussed :)

Thanks,

z

[/quote]

I don’t know why

but all groups forums and communities hosted in Pakistan or hosted by Pakistani are sticky means unnecessary Rules

like you can post in some specific thread first you have to post on another this is not the way to restrict scamers

and you know this rule make easy to scamers because they use auto forum poster i used this tool on several forum and come to know you can easly beat forums have this kinda rule

because boot will post many more posts to get wanted result so it make rough postings this is harmful to a forum

I am not very old on this forum but i’ve been in many …

i wud strongly disagree to the idea of puting any restriction about minimum number posts…

i wonder what is the gaurantee that ur members would not cheat after 30 or 50 posts. Such condition wud add nothing but the embarisment to new sellers.

Hope u wud understand …

thanx

Mansoor Ahmad

[/quote]

I fully Agree With you

Is it legal?
[/quote]

Certainly

only in some cases… some companies offer the upgrading om WM for select models and others dont, so if u r upgrading or a mobile that doesnt hv upgrading offered by company then u hv to get a custom flash ROM, then it is illegal
[/quote]

Open source ROMs are available for most of the models. Installing your own windows version is not illegal in the above case even if the manufacturers do not provide these ROMs.