Router's adapter burned

My Huawei MT880's(given by PTCL) adapter (9v) burned due to high voltage. If i call them and ask for a new one, would they provide me with one, or should i get a new one from any local store?

buy a cheap 70 rupees universal ac to dc adapter, select the right dc voltage and polarity selectors and case closed,

trust me you gonna spend more money on making phone calls to your isp back and forth even if they get you free new adapter you are still gonna be down more than 70 rupees on phone charges plus the hassle.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:2, topic:14565”]

buy a cheap 70 rupees universal ac to dc adapter, select the right dc voltage and polarity selectors and case closed,

trust me you gonna spend more money on making phone calls to your isp back and forth even if they get you free new adapter you are still gonna be down more than 70 rupees on phone charges plus the hassle.

[/quote]

tht cheap adapter’s gonna get burnt again dude…and tht simply converts the ac to dc…and it doesn’t mean it has the same current rating too…better get the right current and voltage rating adapter…

dude that stuff last years in normal use secondly, i am not advising you to run laptop with it, we are talking here is very low power consuming modem, any universal adapter with minimum 800 milli amps (.8 amp) adapter will do, then just select 6, 9, 5 or whatever voltage it requires, check the polarity of pins and DON'T MAKE A FEDERAL CASE OUT OF IT.

if you are using good brand of stabilizer with rated fuses then there is no reason for adapter to blow up besides stabilizer fuse in case of bad electric.

Universal-AC-DC-Adapter-1000mA.jpg

I also used the above adaptor for almost 3 years for my Paradyne modem and its still working.

Kamran is right. Get one from market if PTCL is not entertaining you.

Thanks guys, will surely check it out in the market today! Appreciate your help. :)