Room Cooler

what is the price of a good room cooler

not those ones that are filled with hay and are red or somethin in colour

but the good ones

7500-8000 for the medium size ones (Atlas). They are air coolers with pads (I forgot what's the material called).

will it be sufficent to cool a 15 feet room?

These air coolers do not cool the room itself, but their air is cool. So if you're asking if the air flow is capable of reaching 15ft, then I say yes. The air won't feel very cool if you're going to be 8+ ft away from the cooler. A bigger one might perform better, however.

Moreover, you better connect the cooler to a water supply as they need to be refilled every 3 hours or so to keep the air flow cool.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

These air coolers do not cool the room itself, but their air is cool. So if you’re asking if the air flow is capable of reaching 15ft, then I say yes. The air won’t feel very cool if you’re going to be 8+ ft away from the cooler. A bigger one might perform better, however.

Moreover, you better connect the cooler to a water supply as they need to be refilled every 3 hours or so to keep the air flow cool.

[/quote]

do u know of any place in rawalpindi/islambad where i can buy them?

do u know of any place in rawalpindi/islambad where i can buy them?

[/quote]

Not sure where you can get them in Islamabad, but they’re all over at electronic shops on Murree road. Be sure not to buy the one which is small and rests on a base; it’s too small to offer sufficient cooling per your requirements.

Not sure where you can get them in Islamabad, but they’re all over at electronic shops on Murree road. Be sure not to buy the one which is small and rests on a base; it’s too small to offer sufficient cooling per your requirements.

[/quote]

thnx for the info

dude if anyone is thinking about buying this stuff in karachi then “BE WARNED”,
[/quote]

I don’t think they even sell coolers in Karachi! Just won’t work.

dude if anyone is thinking about buying this stuff in karachi then “BE WARNED”,

in karachi atmosphere as it is got so much humidity that by using water based cooler will end up giving 200% to 300% more humidity in a given room. meaning air in the room will be super mixed with water, in long run you’ll find stuff soggy in the room, and most of all worst result will be bacterial fungus building in your walls which worst health risk.

[/quote]

ditto.

plus. that what happens every where else in august and september.

water coolers or desert coolers work fine as long as there is no humidity. its pretty pointless to use one in isb/pindi or in the vicinity by the end of july.. by that time your just making the room more humind