Room air cooler suggestions!

Dear All,

in these summer i want to purchase a lahori room air cooler. please let me know what things i should see while buying the cooler. i mean what to check .

i need 30x30" size.

one more thing approx how many watts it consumes. i want to run it on 1.5kva ups.

thanks and regards.

any cooler wala here ?????????

i have lahori room cooler which consume 1.3A of current , buy lahori room cooler with steel body ;) , also make sure your room is good ventilated because room cooler will not cool ,if there is no proper ventilation of air in room :D

nice job !!!!!!! 1.3 amps with or without motor

yar tell me if the bottom ov steel cooler gets rusty thn wotz the remedy ? water is pourin out from the rusty parts ......

Lahori coolers are usually made on order, you can ask the guy to put in high quality components, especially buy a branded(gujrati) fan and don't settle for the local made ones which are used by default. They consume much lower electricity, are quieter, have longer life and warranty etc. I've got a gigantic lahori cooler with a 24 inch royal-fan and the unit consumes 200W max (130W for the Fan, rest for the water pump depending on water level). In Amps, the fan consumes 0.65A, with the motor on it takes 0.95A. Previously I was using a local fan that consumed more than 300W and kept the neighbours awake.

I've heard that high efficiency miniature water pumps are available which consume around 25W, which should further reduce your power rating if you can find them. No personal experience with them so research about them first.

Finally the body, make sure its decently thick and has been painted to prevent rusting. Go for metallic float-valves since the plastic ones degrade fast. Good quality khas (dark brown) is probably extinct now so you don't have much choice in that matter ... yellow khas lasts for a season.

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:5, topic:22099”]

yar tell me if the bottom ov steel cooler gets rusty thn wotz the remedy ? water is pourin out from the rusty parts ......

[/quote]

Dry it, clean it, sand it with raig-mal. Then examine the damage. If its a lot of holes then get someone to weld a new sheet onto it, if its a couple of small holes then paint it and use silicone to seal the holes.

thanx hashim for the info .... i think sand paper ..... paint n silicon will do the job ...... cuz there r tiny tiny holes ....

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:4, topic:22099”]

nice job !!!!!!! 1.3 amps with or without motor

[/quote]

1amp for fan and 0.3 amps for pump , you can use magic glue for filling the small pours........ i am using china made plastic pump which consume 25w max :)

[quote=“gbaz, post:9, topic:22099”]

1amp for fan and 0.3 amps for pump , you can use magic glue for filling the small pours........ i am using china made plastic pump which consume 25w max :)

[/quote]

I am looking for this sort of pump. How long have you been using it, where did you get it from, cost etc?

Thanks hasmi for info. should i go for steel body

[quote=“hashmi1, post:10, topic:22099”]

I am looking for this sort of pump. How long have you been using it, where did you get it from, cost etc?

[/quote]

i have used in last summer , Alhamdulillah still working fine , price was 550/- .... you can buy it form any water pump shop....

[quote=“khuram89, post:11, topic:22099”]

Thanks hasmi for info. should i go for steel body

[/quote]

Stainless Steel? Go with the best material you can afford, but its expensive. Make sure you don't pay that much money for a low quality chrome-plated one rather than actual stainless steel. Cooling wise it doesn't make a difference and if you are on budget painted\sealed iron bodies can last a decent while.

check this thread on air coolers

always try to provide shadow in summerafternoon for increased cooling...my cooler also consumes 1.30amps straight(fan plus motor pump)...fan noise is addition....today i bought small plastic water pump for rupees 650pkr .shopkeeper claimed it to be high quality(only god knows )..the sticker on states that it consumes 15watts ..operating voltage are 220/240 a/c.(these days chinese made dc water pumps r also availabe for room coolers 'bec some people r manufacturing dc room coolers(dc fan motor plus dc oump motor) to be used on solar/ups etc.my own plan is to replace heavy old pump motor with new light one and to run my cooler on my solar setup atleast for 4 to 5 hour day time(no wapda just on solar panels with cyber power inverter).

One of my relatives purchased customized made stainless steel air cooler last year which cist him above 40k pkr including a simple fan motor plus water pump..

[quote=", post:16, topic:22099"]

One of my relatives purchased customized made stainless steel air cooler last year which cist him above 40k pkr including a simple fan motor plus water pump..

[/quote]

thats was too much , i will buy AC in that price rather then old lahori cooler .......

40 k ...... u gotta b kiddin me ...... must be gold platted with sum diamond toppings on the tip of da fan ..........

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:8, topic:22099”]

thanx hashim for the info .... i think sand paper ..... paint n silicon will do the job ...... cuz there r tiny tiny holes ....

[/quote]

use a coalTar (taar kol) straps .

No man not kidding....at first i also thought like that.. but the steel material was purchased from karachi also moulding of material was done there by some body..cooling pads are used instead of khas etc...other things are same ordinary as usual like fan and motor pump...though use less expense i think..