Role of math in programming

hello! i am the student of intermediate and after inter i want to enter into the field of programming. after intermediate i will take admission in diploma of programming with 6 months or 1 year duration. i am very much interested in mobile and ios/android programming. computer science is including in my optional subjects but math is not including in my subjects in intermediate. i want to know that one who is studying computer science at intermediate level can understand programming and there is no need to study math in inter before entering into the field of programming? if one is not studying math in intermediate beside compter science then he will feel any difficulty in understanding and studying programming? i can understand programming after studying computer science in inter or i should also study math in intermediate or take admission in the diploma or course of math before entering into the field of programming?

In general some basic math (which you perhaps already know) is required for programming for majority of mobile/web projects.

Math (and more importantly statistics) plays an important role if you are working/programming for stocks/trends/behavior/analytics/reporting.

Intermediate level Maths is important if you plan to develop games with physical simulations. But it still depends. There are many game engines that are used for game development and most of them have functions that save you the trouble of programming and computing complex physical equations like projectile motion etc. And with Google just a new tab away, I think you can do pretty well without ever learning Mathematics in Intermediate.

Learning to program has no such requirement like Mathematics. Instead, it requires you to learn the syntax, capabilities and limitations of the programming language and then use logical thinking and your power of analytical reasoning to develop a program.

[quote=“hasanevanof, post:, topic:”]

hello! i am the student of intermediate and after inter i want to enter into the field of programming. after intermediate i will take admission in diploma of programming with 6 months or 1 year duration. i am very much interested in mobile and ios/android programming. computer science is including in my optional subjects but math is not including in my subjects in intermediate. i want to know that one who is studying computer science at intermediate level can understand programming and there is no need to study math in inter before entering into the field of programming? if one is not studying math in intermediate beside compter science then he will feel any difficulty in understanding and studying programming? i can understand programming after studying computer science in inter or i should also study math in intermediate or take admission in the diploma or course of math before entering into the field of programming?

[/quote]

The mathetics used in general programing is actually the simple aljebra you already mastered in 6th and 7trh grade thats it,

However games and graphics related development requires serious understanding and concepts of advance mathemetics and in Pakistan there are very few programers with this capability ,Usually students from SARKARI school aka urdu medium school system are very rare to enter in Game development ....

Even sudoku and solitaire require much maths..

your intermediate maths will be enough unless you want to develop something for atomic commission, NASA or chimpanzees.