Robot Programmed to Love Goes too Far

So this is how Skynet is born.....humans beware!

Staff. Researchers at Toshiba’s Akimu Robotic Research Institute were thrilled ten months ago when they successfully programmed Kenji, a third generation humanoid robot, to convincingly emulate certain human emotions. At the time, they even claimed that Kenji was capable of the robot equivalent of love. Now, however, they fear that his programming has taken an extreme turn for the worst.

“Initially, we were thrilled to see a bit of our soul come alive in this so called ‘machine,’” said Dr. Akito Takahashi, the principal investigator on the project. “This was really the final step for us in one of the fundamentals of the singularity.”

Kenji was part of an experiment involving several robots loaded with custom software designed to let them react emotionally to external stimuli. After some limited environmental conditioning, Kenji first demonstrated love by bonding with a a stuffed doll in his enclosure, which he would embrace for hours at a time. He would then make simple, but insistent, inquiries about the doll if it were out of sight. Researchers attributed this behavior to his programmed qualities of devotion and empathy and called the experiment a success.

The trouble all started when a young female intern began to spend several hours each day with Kenji, testing his systems and loading new software routines. When it came time to leave one evening, however, Kenji refused to let her out of his lab enclosure and used his bulky mechanical body to block her exit and hug her repeatedly. The intern was only able to escape after she had frantically phoned two senior staff members to come and temporarily de-activate Kenji.

“Despite our initial enthusiasm, it has become clear that Kenji’s impulses and behavior are not entirely rational or genuine,” conceded Dr. Takahashi.

Ever since that incident, each time Kenji is re-activated, he instantaneously bonds with the first technician to meet his gaze and rushes to embrace them with his two 100kg hydraulic arms.

Full story here: http://www.muckflash.com/?p=200

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ever since that incident, each time Kenji is re-activated, he instantaneously bonds with the first technician to meet his gaze and rushes to embrace them with his two 100kg hydraulic arms.

[/quote]

Lolz love at first sight

:D

Love at fisrt activation morelike. :)

"The cube shall prevail!"

i imagine یہ روبوٹ بڑا ھو کر آپٹمس پرایٔم بنے گا

LOL....

That must have been cute.. But scary too for the girl..

With all those emotions and a girl in the room.... who wouldn't become horny :D

who wouldn’t become horny :D
[/quote]

Ans: cockroach :D

Just let another Kenji in the same room, and let them work their "issues" out ;):D

looks like a bug or intentional behavior left to grab the media attention

So now robots will rape people LOL !!! :D

Robots to do labor work is OK but making robots for such things !!!!

wow! i think in 2015 -2020 there will be some feminine robots too with such behaviours ....

Just let another Kenji in the same room, and let them work their “issues” out ;):D
[/quote]

haha right!

It rather baffles me why humans want to create machines who can be human equivalents. I can understand 'artificial intelligence' (depending on the definition...) could be utilized to come up with creative solutions to problems, but how does robots with emotions help anybody?

It rather baffles me why humans want to create machines who can be human equivalents. I can understand ‘artificial intelligence’ (depending on the definition…) could be utilized to come up with creative solutions to problems, but how does robots with emotions help anybody?
[/quote]

They are used to test cognitive theories and theories about ‘Life’ and ‘Soul’

^ meh....sounds like the realm of philosophy! :)

It rather baffles me why humans want to create machines who can be human equivalents. I can understand ‘artificial intelligence’ (depending on the definition…) could be utilized to come up with creative solutions to problems, but how does robots with emotions help anybody?
[/quote]

Thinking from the context of their manufacturers, they can, and will most probably have multiple things to do in future. And adding emotions is a natural human behaviour. We like our creations to blend in with our lives. Who knows maybe in future people who don’t “like” having children will buy robots with specific programming!. No more cleaning and crying, just the cuteness and company. Not to mention workers who don’t spill coffee or something on their employee after getting fired or something ;):D.

Disclaimer: The above are of course not my views, I am just trying to speculate as I can think plausible.

I am just thinking, if in future Pakistani Government took a more smarter step to teach children up to primary through robots in class, what would happen. Normally our schools are havings boards outside written with, MAAR NAHE PYAR.

In both scenarios either or MAAR or PYAR little children gonna be crushed. And imagine if someone had not done his/her homework what would happen>>> MAAR or PYAR in both cases bachay ke wart lug jaey ge.

Imagine if these robots are used for begging, what would happen? ALLAH KAY NAAM PAY DAY DO BABA. And if someone not gave and these robots start there reactions on roads what would happen. lol. These robots running before people to get their desire charity (hairat) and people running like hell on roads.

I remember last february, I went to a bakery in the morning, when I got on bike a very smart female beggar started her show, I told her don't make drama, I give u, so wait let me start my bike. When I put first gear, she got that I was going. She pinched me and ran. I still have a on my arm of her pinching.

Imagine if these robots are used for begging, what would happen? ALLAH KAY NAAM PAY DAY DO BABA. And if someone not gave and these robots start there reactions on roads what would happen. lol. These robots running before people to get their desire charity (hairat) and people running like hell on roads.

I remember last february, I went to a bakery in the morning, when I got on bike a very smart female beggar started her show, I told her don’t make drama, I give u, so wait let me start my bike. When I put first gear, she got that I was going. She pinched me and ran. I still have a on my arm of her pinching.

[/quote]

lol