RJ11 with CAT5e Cable?

Is it possible to connect RJ11 jack (the usual one which connects into Telephone/Modem) with a CAT5e cable? I know that it can be used and how to do it. Just not sure if CAT5e's wire can go easily in RJ11 jack's slots.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Is it possible to connect RJ11 jack (the usual one which connects into Telephone/Modem) with a CAT5e cable? I know that it can be used and how to do it. Just not sure if CAT5e’s wire can go easily in RJ11 jack’s slots.
[/quote]

u can do this use one of those connectors that u use to connect CAT5 cables and connect an Rj 11 cable which will go in ur slot

so ur setup will be like this CAT5 cable---->connector------?RJ 11 cable—> phone slot

sure it can be but why wud u need this?????

Just get 2 pairs of wires from the cat 5 and hook up 2 ur phone

RJ11 jack can be connected to Cat5 cable without any problem without any other connector.

yh it can b easily connected to cat5 cable, by doing it the way midhat says

but wuts da point of usin expensive cat5e cable with a RJ11 connector ?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

u can do this use one of those connectors that u use to connect CAT5 cables and connect an Rj 11 cable which will go in ur slot

so ur setup will be like this CAT5 cable---->connector------?RJ 11 cable---> phone slot

[/quote]

No, I was talking about a setup which will be like,

PTCL Drop Wire (coming from pole) ----> CAT5e Cable ----> Phone Slot (RJ11 jack directly connected to CAT5e Cable's pair)

sure it can be but why wud u need this?????
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
yh it can b easily connected to cat5 cable, by doing it the way midhat says

but wuts da point of usin expensive cat5e cable with a RJ11 connector ?

[/quote]

Well, I want to avoid joints. Do not have DSL here yet but should be good for dial-up as well. I am fed up of the usual telephone wire you get, the type that comes with a dial-up modem. It's wires are not strong, too thin (hard to connect directly to the PTCL drop wire without a socket, I don't want to use a socket).

P.S. CAT5e cable must be expensive, hence using it. It has been laying around since more than a year now, will finally put it to some use :P and it is twisted so offers somewhat of a better protection against interference. Plus there are 4 pairs in it, will just connect RJ11 connector to another pair if one goes faulty instead of changing the whole wire. Getting the clamping tool for it as well. Need it most of the times, can't run around to shops begging them to setup the connectors with wire.

cat5e is not expensive its ussually 7-9rs/meter and really its not the answer 2 ur problem..... The drop wire which cums from the KHAMBA is ussually the black thick one hook it up with a normal rj11 female connector which is ussually shped like a yellow box and then connect a regular gud quality rj11 male paired cable..... and do not use the thin cable for your internal wirin but instaed change the drop wire and make it cum directly to ur computer and then devide it from there.......

if u really think tht cat5e is the answer than rj11 and cat5e can be made into a wire with a regular rj11 connector and a clamping tool.... it will b a litl hard to squeez cat5e into the small connector but its plausible......

Changed the drop wire few weeks ago, its coming directly to the room, don't want to use the thin cable, lol, I'm in love with the CAT5e cable :P.

Changed the drop wire few weeks ago, its coming directly to the room, don’t want to use the thin cable, lol, I’m in love with the CAT5e cable :P.
[/quote]

ok then just go to a guy who has a clamping tool with sum cat5e cable and rj11 connectors and ask him to clamp it for u…

24003.jpg

or just buy one… its only 300 to 500 rupees…