RJ11 plug (Telephone,DSL)

PTCL cable coming into my house has only two wires, but Telephone cable i use to connect phone (with RJ11 Plug) has 4 wires. Which 2 of these 4 wires are not necessary for using DSL or Phone ?

Also is there any issue of polarity or can i just connect the two wire (PTCL cable) to 2 wire of RJ11 Plug that carry signal and leave other two wires of RJ11 unconnected ?

One last thing, is it safe to connect PTCL cable directly to DSL Router or Telephone using RJ11 Plug ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PTCL cable coming into my house has only two wires, but Telephone cable i use to connect phone (with RJ11 Plug) has 4 wires. Which 2 of these 4 wires are not necessary for using DSL or Phone ?
[/quote]

well every one get 2 wires from pole,connect the telephone cable that you are using which got 4 wires,but only two of them are needed,you can connect it to ptcl’s wire and check it with your telephone set if tone works fine then everything is fine

Also is there any issue of polarity or can i just connect the two wire (PTCL cable) to 2 wire of RJ11 Plug that carry signal and leave other two wires of RJ11 unconnected ?

[/quote]

offcourse just need to connect 2 wires,leave the other two unconnected

One last thing, is it safe to connect PTCL cable directly to DSL Router or Telephone using RJ11 Plug ?

[/quote]

i connect my PTCL cable directly to DSL Router and don’t use splitter. as for Telephone set,of course every one connects PTCL cable directly to telephone set…