Rise of MediaTek

There was a time when everyone used to bash MediaTek (MTK) for making inferior SoCs. They were always considered low quality Chinese chips for 'filthy' Chinese phones.

But over the years, they've continued to develop and progress. Making better chips and expanding their territory. Their motto was simple, providing competitive performance for lesser the cost. Following this ideology, they've actually ended up becoming a direct competitor & a threat to their rivals. They've come to a point, where they might just end up overtaking the throne & leading the industry in the forthcoming future.

They've come up with SoCs which are not only equivalent, but arguably better than their rival counterparts. The Helio series is extremely efficient and powerful.

They've also expanded their business into premium brands. These days they're not just limited to chinese clones or chinese brands like Huawei or Gionee, they're also being implemented in the first class phones coming out of the first class brands. MTK chips are being seen embedded in mainstream brands like Sony, HTC, LG, Acer, Lenovo, etc. More and more brands are welcoming MTK chips in their new and upcoming phones due to their rising establishment and popularity.

As of now, both HTC and Sony have put MTK Helio chips on some of their flagship devices (One M9+, Xperia M5). HTC's upcoming flagship phone, the A9/Aero is coming with MTK chipset as well. This is all proof of how well MTK is doing and where they're headed.

The point of making this thread is simple, nothing is written in stone, so never underestimate anyone or anything, they/it might prove you wrong. Another point is to enlighten those of you who're not upto date with this whole thing. So next time you see a phone with a MTK chipset, think a little before deciding to criticize it.

P.S. I'm not paid my MediaTek to write this article.

Oh and here's the details for the A9 if anyone's interested: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_a9_gets_benchmarked_with_10core_cpu_and_4gb_of_ram-news-13955.php

Specs-wise, seems pretty nice to me, it has everything the other leads have. Add the fact that it'll probably come with the usual HTC sound enhancements and speakers, and it's already better than the S6.

They didn't had to modify the looks though, even though they're using their own design from the M7, that new camera placement makes it seem like they're copying Apple, which is stupid. On the whole though, it looks fine. Let's hope it sells well, the last thing i wanna see is HTC following the same fate as Nokia...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There was a time when UPSILON used to bash MediaTek (MTK) for making inferior SoCs. USPILON always considered low quality Chinese chips for ‘filthy’ Chinese phones.

[/quote]

and now, UPSILON is taking a U turn on his own opinions, because now its mainstream… :)

^ Are you pulling that out of your rectum dear sir? I'm pretty sure I've been a huge supporter of QMobiles which all run on MTK chipsets. Your accusation is invalid. B)

I may have said it's not on par with Snapdragon, which it wasn't until recently, but otherwise no, i have never bashed MTK. Feel free to dig my posts. ;)

feel free to dig your own grave because of backing out from your words.. just because you already know forum has lost lots of threads, so your false pretenses canot be proven, but we all know what you did last summer :)

[quote=“Upsilon, post:, topic:”]

There was a time when everyone used to bash MediaTek (MTK) for making inferior SoCs. They were always considered low quality Chinese chips for ‘filthy’ Chinese phones.

But over the years, they’ve continued to develop and progress. Making better chips and expanding their territory. Their motto was simple, providing competitive performance for lesser the cost. Following this ideology, they’ve actually ended up becoming a direct competitor & a threat to their rivals. They’ve come to a point, where they might just end up overtaking the throne & leading the industry in the forthcoming future.

They’ve come up with SoCs which are not only equivalent, but arguably better than their rival counterparts. The Helio series is extremely efficient and powerful.

They’ve also expanded their business into premium brands. These days they’re not just limited to chinese clones or chinese brands like Huawei or Gionee, they’re also being implemented in the first class phones coming out of the first class brands. MTK chips are being seen embedded in mainstream brands like Sony, HTC, LG, Acer, Lenovo, etc. More and more brands are welcoming MTK chips in their new and upcoming phones due to their rising establishment and popularity.

As of now, both HTC and Sony have put MTK Helio chips on some of their flagship devices (One M9+, Xperia M5). HTC’s upcoming flagship phone, the A9/Aero is coming with MTK chipset as well. This is all proof of how well MTK is doing and where they’re headed.

The point of making this thread is simple, nothing is written in stone, so never underestimate anyone or anything, they/it might prove you wrong. Another point is to enlighten those of you who’re not upto date with this whole thing. So next time you see a phone with a MTK chipset, think a little before deciding to criticize it.

P.S. I’m not paid my MediaTek to write this article.

[/quote]

eec.jpg

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:22239”]

feel free to dig your own grave because of backing out from your words… just because you already know forum has lost lots of threads, so your false pretenses canot be proven, but we all know what you did last summer :)

[/quote]

You know what they say, they’re “Innocent until proven guilty”. So chillax baby! :P

95% chinese smart phones use mediatek!