Ripoffs at PakGamers MarketPlace

So a friend called me to ask about some torrent account deals going on PG. He was like "OMG, they're selling it for so cheap". I have a history with PG and know exactly the crap that goes around there. So i went ahead to check things out. Turns out it's another ripoff by a couple of their high-ranked members...

Links to the threads in the spoiler:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f64/torrentday-account-500-terabyte-upload-187272/

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f64/torrent-day-account-two-invitation-187247/

http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/f64/torrentday-account-405-terabyte-upload-187238/

[/quote]

I've been using seedboxes for a long while and i know what can, and what can not not be achieved with them.

All these accounts have 400-500 TB of upload credit... but somehow the download credit is only 3.7, 28.8 and 77.6 GB respectively. Now let me go ahead and straight up tell you that this is practically impossible to achieve...

These huge unbalanced ratios are achieved using torrent cheating softwares, a very simple process you can Google yourselves.

If these ratios were actually achieved using legit means, than you can be sure these guys would be asking much more than what they're asking for these acounts. (3k, 3.5k and 7k respectively)

These cheated accounts are only good for as long as you're not detected. As soon as any site moderator/administrator was to find it, you lose your account. And even if you're lucky and somehow don't get caught, is it really worth paying for something which was absolutely free for the seller?

-----

So my point? Just because you're at a famous/trusted website doesn't mean you're getting legit stuff. So don't fall for suspicious offers like this.

Be safe on the Internet & protect yourself from ripoffs. A public service message by Upsilon.

@Upsilon! I'd like to know more about the "Cheating" methods you are referring to. Is it anything other than Ratio Master or Greedy Torrent? Or some Seedbox cheat ... if any?

AFAIK, torrent trackers these days are smart enough to capture Ratio Master quickly. GreedyTorrent however, works very differently than Ratio Master hence nearly impossible to track. So i am curious, what is it?

[quote=“abobobilly, post:2, topic:20597”]

@Upsilon! I'd like to know more about the "Cheating" methods you are referring to. Is it anything other than Ratio Master or Greedy Torrent? Or some Seedbox cheat ... if any?

AFAIK, torrent trackers these days are smart enough to capture Ratio Master quickly. GreedyTorrent however, works very differently than Ratio Master hence nearly impossible to track. So i am curious, what is it?

[/quote]

It could be either GT or something entirely new. I haven't really kept up with ratio cheating softwares, only used to use them in the early days when i was first introduced to private trackers, but after losing my TorrentLeech account for the first time, i decided it wasn't worth the loss. Been using a seedbox since, no problems and i can openly comment on releases without having to worry about hiding my account. B)

If you're interested in cheating, then GT still works on most sites including IPT and TD, i know because a bunch of my friends are using it without getting caught. But be careful with what settings you use, greediness will result in a ban. And remember, cheaters never prosper. :rolleyes:

@OP

yep.. have been seeing those ads on every 4rth day on PG for a long time.. and yes, that is practically impossible.. but since someone is able to hack in or cheat the system, maybe thats why the price of the cheat is so low.. cz its a cheat after all :D

well they should add that "if you get caught we are not responsible buy at your own risk"

Hokay, let me clear some air around here.

@Upsilon! You really had me for a moment there. I really thought you had some "HARD EVIDENCE" on this and can provide me other means to cheat.

Let me clear your confusion because you are basing your argument on "No Download" or "Less Download". These accounts being sold at LEGIT and are achieved used a Seedbox.

Now if you ask "Why the Download is so less"? Then you clearly have no idea what "Cross Seeding" is. People who provide these Upload Services, don't download files multiple times for multiple accounts. They already have the files which they want to seed via a Seedbox. They only download the "torrent file" from that respective account which requires upload and then seeding using the existing files they already have in their system (or Seedbox, rather).

Lets move forward and focus on "TorrentDay". TorrentDay is one of the major private tracker after IPT Invite and is famous because of the same reason IPT is. Their administration doesn't consist of Idiots who can't capture such high ratios and then not ban the account.

The first cheating software i mentioned, RatioMaster ... is now almost redundant where every private tracker captures it instantly. About GreedyTorrent ... you just can't achieve same amount of uploads with it, without having any download. Let me explain .....

If you choose the option "Report my Upload as 1.00 of my download" ... you will obviously have to download if you want to upload. And by the time you reach 400TBs of upload, you will have similar amount of downloads and still won't have crazy ratios. The catch here is:

- If you download speed is higher than 400KB/s ... then setting GreedyTorrent at 1.00 will obviously report your Upload as 400KB/s ... which means you will get caught in no time. (been there, done that). So the idea of setting the ratio (1.00) to a much higher value will make you think thrice ... because as soon as your upload speed crosses 1 or 2MBs (yes, thats Bytes), you will be asked to provide PROOF if you actually have such high upload speeds.

If you choose the option "Report my Upload as 1.00 of my Upload" then your connection is obviously relying on your upload speed. Lets assume its 100KB/s (for a 4Mb connection). Suppose you set it as 5.00 ... the tracker's system will record the speeds at 500KB/s. You can survive this way ... but you won't be able to, when your account gets checked (which almost every other tracker does once a while. Its only a matter of time before your account gets flagged ... can be 2 years or more)

Anyway, lets get back to the original discussion. YOU sir, just went full retard and created a thread, WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE, heck WITHOUT ANY HARD INFORMATION ... you are relying solely on your ASSUMPTIONS.

At this point, i just hope that the users who are reading this, are smart enough to decide what is true and what is not.

Rest assured that on PakGamers' premium marketplace have stricter rules than you can imagine. (not a sponsor) I am not saying cheaters can't exist there. They can, and they have in the past. But have also been dealt with swiftly. But there is nothing to be gained from this false advertising.

@abobobilly

Another random noob who thinks they're smart. Newsflash: you're still a noob.

While yes i do not have any "HARD EVIDENCE" against them (wtf is this? CSI Miami or something?). What i said was purely based on my prolonged experience with private trackers and seedboxes. I could tell you my IPT username just to pwn you, but it's not worth it.

You're right about cross-seeding, but uploading 500 TB of data is no joke. People have to become uploaders to get that kind of ratio and you want me to believe these loosers got that from cross-seeding using their cheapo seedboxes? Ha, yeah right.

Also, as i said before, if these were real, the sellers won't be selling them for so cheap. And why the f*** do all of them suddenly feel the urge to sell their accounts at the same time?

You're either a hardcore PG fanboy, or one of the persons accused of selling this. I'm not gonna further waste my breath on you. Feel free to think what you will.

-----

Anyways, let me clear my point. I don't have any "HARD-EVIDENCÉ" against them, but I've clearly stated all the facts I've compiled against their offer. You pick what you want to believe.

Just remember, If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

My work here is done. Be safe!