Review My Blog

Hi All,

I was not able to find a job in Pakistani IT sector as I was a student (under graduate), wherever I went I was asked for 3 - 5 years of experience. I’d enough experience of building blogs, PHP & web design but no certifications so no one was interested in my skills in Pakistan (System sucks :( )

Ah! I guess I was very lucky to stumble into freelancing and it worked great for me :)

AlhumdoLillah! I earn around $6000/month doing SEM, SERM, working on my company sites, WordPress design and management.

I was often asked by friends and friends of fiends for help in starting their career as a freelancer or in becoming a successful web entrepreneur. To make things simple I started answering their questions on my personal blog, after few articles I decided to write more and now I'm posting regularly on my blog.

I'm giving advice to newbie freelancers, sharing my experiences at my blog.

I invite you to review my blog in this thread and help me establish content goals for my blog.

Blog is http://syedaqeel.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was often asked by friends and friends of fiends for help in starting their career as a freelancer or in becoming a successful web entrepreneur.
[/quote]

Why you have friendship with fiends :D No offense intended :)

AlhumdoLillah! I earn around $6000/month doing SEM, SERM, working on my company sites, WordPress design and management.
[/quote]

Good God! $6000 = Rs. 486000 per month.

This is second most extravaganzas claim I heard on this forums to earn a large amount of money each month by freelancing and website ads income.

What can I say, you shouldn’t ask our advice, we should be asking advises from you. I can’t review a person’s blog who is earning $6000/month. He must have touch of gold, he can even turn cheap dirt into gold by his sheer touch of index finger’s tip.

$6000 per month, system does work! :)

^ bro after giving my 12-14 hours daily to my international clients i hardly earn $0.7 - 1 thousand and with this i hardly manage to devote a time for my personal websites but with earning of more than $6 thousand how you manage to spend hell amount of time for your blog ? :)

you have portfolio ?

Why you have friendship with fiends big_smile No offense intended smile
[/quote] No I don’t have friendship with friends of friends :P, but whenever someone know of my profession he asks me this type of questions.[quote=", post:, topic:"]
This is second most extravaganzas claim I heard on this forums to earn a large amount of money each month by freelancing and website ads income.
[/quote]I focus on building quality services that take years to build and stand the test of time. My first month earnings online 3 years back were $13. You cannot make that sort of income overnight, it took me 3 years and I worked day and night to accomplish my goals. I even worked for 16 hours +/- without taking my weekends off :P[quote=", post:, topic:"]
I can’t review a person’s blog who is earning $6000/month. He must have touch of gold, he can even turn cheap dirt into gold by his sheer touch of index finger’s tip.
[/quote]

No, you keep learning and I’m still learning. I’m writing this blog for Pakistani audience, entry level freelancers, web entrepreneurs and I want to know what information suits them better.

bro after giving my 12-14 hours daily to my international clients i hardly earn $0.7 - 1 thousand and with this i hardly manage to devote a time for my personal websites but with earning of more than $6 thousand how you manage to spend hell amount of time for your blog ?
[/quote]

I started working a lone but have my team now, there are 4 people in my team now.

you have portfolio ?
[/quote]

I make 35% of my earnings through WordPress work it includes design, server management, backup, maintenance, troubleshooting. This is my free WordPress themes portfolio site http://thewordpresspro.net

Adsense is only 10% of my earnings, I earn about $600/month from Adsense

Blog writing projects are 15% of my earnings.

50% of my incomes comes from SERM (Search Engine Reputation Management), I work for an Orlando based SERM company as a permanent outsourced employ.

^ hmmm good to hear that bro keep that up :)

^ hmmm good to hear that bro keep that up :)
[/quote] Thank you brother :)

^ Where you spend your 6000$ ? :P:D

^ Where you spend your 6000$ ? :P:D
[/quote]

:D Nice question, investing back online, bought a new GLI and had two great vocations in last 10 months. One in Bahrain and other in Damscus (Sryia) http://bit.ly/hASf2

^ Don't forget to pick me up next time !!!

^ Don’t forget to pick me up next time !!!
[/quote]

I will remember you :)

Yes I know aqeel is hardworker and selfmade boy!

You should write about how adsense is not slapping the web with spam-filled crap. And it's definitely not about joining the 'clicking' groups. A lot of awareness is required amongst the people who think that's the way to go - there are abundant of them in Pakistan.

Good job so far.

^ What you doing ? Opening every old thread ans spamming ?

this jeopakistan guy is really anonying

he just goes in every thread and makes a sense loss coment to increase post count..

his intentions dont look so good

Yes I know aqeel is hardworker and selfmade boy!
[/quote]

A guy, jeopakistan, with 16 posts-count is “certifying” a guy AqeelSyed with 19 posts-count.

That’s funny :D Are they from same village or “underpants” friends? :lol:

No offense was meant but I can’t resist it after noticing it :lol:

You should write about how adsense is not slapping the web with spam-filled crap. And it’s definitely not about joining the ‘clicking’ groups. A lot of awareness is required amongst the people who think that’s the way to go - there are abundant of them in Pakistan.

Good job so far.

[/quote]Thank you Asad_N, you have pointed out a big issue. Newbie Pakistani webmasters often stay busy in such activities like ‘click’ groups. Finding high paying niches and then clicking at their own ads. I will definitely write about it :)[quote=", post:, topic:"]
A guy, jeopakistan, with 16 posts-count is “certifying” a guy AqeelSyed with 19 posts-count.

That’s funny big_smile Are they from same village or “underpants” friends? lol

No offense was meant but I can’t resist it after noticing it lol

[/quote] Before forums got hacked and data was lost, I’d an account with id ‘Aqeel’ at wiredpakistan.com with 200 +/- posts. Posts under my user name was not stored and I wasn’t able to login so I created new account.

About jeopakistan, I don’t know him.

Hope it clarifies doubts arising in your mind.

Before forums got hacked and data was lost, I’d an account with id ‘Aqeel’ at wiredpakistan.com with 200 +/- posts. Posts under my user name was not stored and I wasn’t able to login so I created new account.

About jeopakistan, I don’t know him.

Hope it clarifies doubts arising in your mind.

[/quote]

Aahan. Good to have you back :)

Hi All,

[/quote]

Congratulations :)

And keep up the good work

No, you keep learning and I’m still learning. I’m writing this blog for Pakistani audience, entry level freelancers, web entrepreneurs and I want to know what information suits them better.

[/quote]

I always admire such a positive attitude.

Most of the time what I have seen is, when someone gets this level, he starts seeing others as "an alien form outer space"

Anyway, since you asked for a “Review” is this thread, I will try to give my POV

1) The upper right Google Ad block is not showing on home page. (at least to me). You may like to check your settings there.

2) When I scroll down, I see a big empty space (below right columns). It would be better if you decrease the number of post on home page. (or may use 2 columns instead of 3)

3) Well, I have read few of your post and I do agree on most of your point. So, keep blogging :)

What is your effective income for yourself? Cause you said you work with 4 people? So is your income 6000/4=$1500 or the whole of $6000?

Btw, I have a tech blog of my own and I earn from Google Adsense only. I used to struggle to make $100 per month about 4 months back, but now am averaging $500/month from adsense alone, even after I haven't been able to write many posts this year(around 15 posts in 2009 due to school and upcoming exams in may :().

Anyways, it is very possible to earn $6000, even from just one site. I know of a another tech blogger from Islamabad who earns this much money.

Although I am a bit surprised that one person doing freelance work can earn this much cause unlike with websites/blogging, you need to find and complete projects on a regular basis to earn from freelancing. You must be quite experienced in this field.

What advice would you give to fellow freelancers? Maybe you should outline some tips that new freelancers should focus on. This would definitely help fellow freelancers here at WP.

Also, I checked out your blog. The quality of your writing is top-notch. Keep it up!

A couple of improvements:

1. Your blog is in a niche where you need to build a loyal user base, just like problogger or doshdosh have. Currently, you seem to be using a theme which doesn't really focus on your content. IMO your content needs to be highlighted more so as to give your blog a more professional look. Consider using a theme which gives more space to the actual content area?

2. Adsense will not work very well with your type of niche as your user base consists mainly of fellow bloggers who would be "adsense blind". A fellow pakistani blogger at www.bloggingbits.com is in a similar niche to yours. Maybe you should look at his blog to get some ideas?

Just a couple of thoughts about your blog. It will be your choice to implement them or not. Whatever works best for you. :)

I look forward to reading more from you through your blog.

^ Thanks for referring to my blog Fahad. :D

Very impressive Aqeel. Do you share the $6K between your business partners, or 6K is just your share?