Researcher cracks Mac in 10 seconds at PWN2OWN

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9129978

And yet again it is shown how vulnerable Apple's OS is if someone is actually interested in hacking it.

If it takes 10 seconds to hack MAC, it will take 2 seconds to hack windows.

:/

Nowhere did I mention Microsoft or Windows. Yet you still bring it in. Your Apple fanboyism tendencies are showing through again...

Using your own argument from the Nokia 5800 thread; Windows is installed on a far higher number of PCs than Mac OS. Clearly, Windows is the better OS. :P

Your assertion is wrong. While Mac is being hacked, Windows will still be booting. :D Once the Mac has been hacked thrice, Windows will get to the desktop so Windows still wins... in a round about way... :P

Hahahahahahahahaha

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
:/

While Mac is being hacked, Windows will still be booting. :D Once the Mac has been hacked thrice, Windows will get to the desktop so Windows still wins... in a round about way... :P

[/quote]

Your assertion is wrong. While Mac is being hacked, Windows will still be booting. :D Once the Mac has been hacked thrice, Windows will get to the desktop so Windows still wins… in a round about way… :P
[/quote]

ROFL :lol:

:confused:

Nowhere did I mention Microsoft or Windows. Yet you still bring it in. Your Apple fanboyism tendencies are showing through again…

Using your own argument from the Nokia 5800 thread; Windows is installed on a far higher number of PCs than Mac OS. Clearly, Windows is the better OS. :P

Your assertion is wrong. While Mac is being hacked, Windows will still be booting. :D Once the Mac has been hacked thrice, Windows will get to the desktop so Windows still wins… in a round about way… :P

[/quote]

you have very poor sense of judgment because you didnt get a single word of what i said in the other thread, maybe its your arrogance, i dont know. i said, IPHONE DOES WHAT ITS SUPPOSE TO, BEST! Now how many languages is that suppose to be translated into before you get it?

iphone= style over functionality

5800- vice versa of above.

Secondly, you cant use the ‘sales figures matter’ argument here. Thats because many people, including me, are forced to used windows simply because MAC doesnt have nearly as enough applications for it compared to windows. I used MAC, fell in love with it, but its just not suitable for me.

Sorry, If i am disturbing in your discussions but i second that i like MAC very much but not suitable for me too.

I used MAC, fell in love with it, but its just not suitable for me.

[/quote]

you have very poor sense of judgment because you didnt get a single word of what i said in the other thread, maybe its your arrogance, i dont know. i said, IPHONE DOES WHAT ITS SUPPOSE TO, BEST! Now how many languages is that suppose to be translated into before you get it?

iphone= style over functionality

5800- vice versa of above.

[/quote]

Have you been able to get a single word of what I said? Fanboyism does tends to make one… kinda out there…

Secondly, you cant use the ‘sales figures matter’ argument here. Thats because many people, including me, are forced to used windows simply because MAC doesnt have nearly as enough applications for it compared to windows. I used MAC, fell in love with it, but its just not suitable for me.
[/quote]

LOL! Your own argument fails the test when it is used against Apple. Go figure… :D

Nobody has been forcing you. Go open source. Or make do with what open source can provide. Or you can use Mac but run Windows on it. Keep the style. Plus keep the functionality. Twice the benefit in the same price kinda deal there…

I used MAC, fell in love with it, but its just not suitable for me.
[/quote]

It’s bit drifting from original topic but if you fell in love at first sight to Mac then why don’t you use it in your daily life? It can do all basic things that other contemporary operating systems can do.

Based on Mach kernel (Darwin) and FreeBSD core, OS X is a very good (and stable) operating system.

I wonder why you still can’t leave virus-infested Windows :P Hating it but still riding it :)

P.S.

A little correction it’s Mac, not MAC; both are different things.

Apple makes innovative and polished products. However their marketing goes a lot further than just selling a good product. They've created a brand which led to people who are fanatically obsessed with their Apple brand electronics, another reason why Apple can get away with their ridiculously overpriced products.

What kinda crack are they talking about in the article? If its Admin password, Windows can be cracked in 1 second.

Browser based vulnerabilities.

I dont know why everyone uses windows but keeps calling it crap.

Windows was always better than Mac, and will allways be a better OS than Mac.

I dont know why everyone uses windows but keeps calling it crap.

Windows was always better than Mac, and will allways be a better OS than Mac.

[/quote]

People use Windows cause everyone else uses it! And Windows being better than Mac OS is highly debatable. Mac OS would definitely beat Windows in terms of stability. But Apple targets a niche market consisting of people who can afford and are willing to dole out a good lot of money for a good product which is fashionable, but which from some observers perspective would not be worth the money. If you’re not willing to dish 3000 dollars for a laptop (17 inch MacBook Pro starting from $2800: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro) then you have your answer why everybody fascinated by Apple doesn’t automatically switch to Macs.

There is MS Office available for Mac, so thats no excuse for sticking to windows if you prefer Mac otherwise.

If you need MS visual Studio, that means you’re are Microsoft dependent that means apple cant provide you with sufficient enought needed applications.

So basically apple fails for you there.

[/quote]

both the apps that he mentions work perfectly in Mac OS X with the use of wine, so yes he can switch to another OS but just for arguments sake doesnt want to

Well... everyone has their choices, someone likes Windows while someone likes Mac, linux, unix, etc.

So its useless to say either that Windows is best or Mac or etc.

both the apps that he mentions work perfectly in Mac OS X with the use of wine, so yes he can switch to another OS but just for arguments sake doesnt want to

[/quote]

Not to mention that they will also perform closer to native speed when run using WINE in *nix :)

Well… everyone has their choices, someone likes Windows while someone likes Mac, linux, unix, etc.

So its useless to say either that Windows is best or Mac or etc.

[/quote]

Indeed, modern operating systems have evolved into quite stable piece of software, compare to their fragile history. Upcoming Windows 7 is already proving itself very stable in it’s Beta version.

One of the reason of huge success and adaptation of Windows XP (virtually replacing Windows 9x) was due to its high stability compare to Windows 9x.

BSD Rules!