[REQUEST] Application to terminate DSL services

Some time... OK, a long time ago... there was a txt file floating around these forums that contained a ready made application to terminate PTCL DSL services, and you only needed to fill in a few things like your user ID, etc. I wonder if anybody still has a copy of it lying around somewhere in their hard drives, if so, please upload it to mediafire, and send me the dl link. Or if nobody has one, could someone who's good at making formal requests compose one for me? It would really be appreciated.

Also, is it true that PTCL policies have changed and that now, even after one year of using PTCL DSL (remember: the one year contract), you have to return your ADSL modem to PTCL, or pay a sum of 3500 in case it is damaged? Could any PTCL employee confirm this for me please, or any other person call their helpline to confirm it from them (preferably if you have their direct number and you trust them). Thank you.

You can cancel DSL by dialing "1236" and you have to return (even if you have used DSL for 12+ months) everything that they gave you when DSL was installed. Good thing is that they will come and collect that stuff from your home.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Some time… OK, a long time ago… there was a txt file floating around these forums that contained a ready made application to terminate PTCL DSL services, and you only needed to fill in a few things like your user ID, etc. I wonder if anybody still has a copy of it lying around somewhere in their hard drives, if so, please upload it to mediafire, and send me the dl link. Or if nobody has one, could someone who’s good at making formal requests compose one for me? It would really be appreciated.

Also, is it true that PTCL policies have changed and that now, even after one year of using PTCL DSL (remember: the one year contract), you have to return your ADSL modem to PTCL, or pay a sum of 3500 in case it is damaged? Could any PTCL employee confirm this for me please, or any other person call their helpline to confirm it from them (preferably if you have their direct number and you trust them). Thank you.

[/quote]

all modems have 1 year waranty

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]You can cancel DSL by dialing “1236” and you have to return (even if you have used DSL for 12+ months) everything that they gave you when DSL was installed. Good thing is that they will come and collect that stuff from your home.
[/quote]

that 1236 cancellation thing didn’t work for me. the dude said my connection will be cancelled but then i just had to pay for another 15 extra days that i waited for them to come pick and terminate my account.

the best thing is to take the modem packed with all its orginal stuff to the exchange fill the form/wateva and get it cancelled on teh spot. worked for me

Had a very very very bad experience with termination. I returned the device at exchange but the exchange *idiots* didn't terminate the DSL.

I was billed 2 months extra (came to know that they didn't terminate on the next bill). However, bills were adjusted thanks to khwari's at their Karachi HQ (Clifton).

Just make sure to check your status from 1236 after termination. They must say that your DSL is completely off. [That's what I missed]

I am now going through a downgrade process; and I know they mess things up big time again (whatever they do; I just dont want to be billed extra) :)

PS: I don't believe the PTCL guys will come at your home. That's a big joke :)

PSS: My exchange is sick; I think now you can terminate from CSCs or OSSs as well (always prefer to do that at big exchanges.. some sensible people there).