Reqr Smartphone Rs/-22k Max Brand New

Brand new not interested in used

Not interested in Qmobile/Rivo and all the Chinese rubbish

Range 22k max Released in (Sept 2014 onward) Operating system Preferably the latest version of Android/Windows

Must have Official Local Warranty {Baggage phones out of question} ==== Preferably (Sony/Samsung/Microsoft/)( i am a Sony Fan)

LTE Yes WIFI YES BLUETOOTH YES GPS Yes Dual sim if possible to get in this budget

Minimum 8MP Back camera should be able to take Pictures of Documents / Photographs in Dark (Do not really care for front camera)

Minimum 1 GB Ram Card slot Yes

Display I have no expertise on it so will depend on your feedback

Processor I have no expertise on it so will depend on your feedback

Sensors I have no expertise on it so will depend on your feedback

Protection Gorilla glass / shatterproof glass

=======================================================

Samsung SM-G530F(FZ) , or SM-G530Y

Nice thread you have there. You've been very clear with your requirements. Now let's see if we can help you.

WP:

Microsoft Lumia 640 XL

A:

Samsung Galaxy J5

Lenovo S60

HTC Desire 816

Huawei Honor 4C

All these phones closely hover around your budget. I'm not uptodate with prices of new Sony phones, so you may check your nearest market for that, I'm sure you'd be able to find something decent for that budget.

Sony phones are lovely. I recently bought M2 and I have to say, this phone looks more premium in hand than its price. And is excellent for usage with near 2 days battery time (WiFi on all times + lots of apps). Back camera is excellent be it light or dark, and front camera is really something you should not care about. Because it is pathetic, but that's your requirement, so, well.

It fulfills all of your requirements mentioned, except two.

1. No LTE (3G works fine though)

2. Price with local warranty is around 24~25K.

[quote=“Ijaz_Ahmed, post:2, topic:22139”]

Samsung SM-G530F(FZ) , or SM-G530Y

[/quote]

Grand Prime definitely will be a contender, {Samsung was not going to give it an upgrade to lollipop but i have read that Samsung is in process to get the upgrade to lollypop}

[quote=“Upsilon, post:3, topic:22139”]

Nice thread you have there. You’ve been very clear with your requirements. Now let’s see if we can help you.

WP:

Microsoft Lumia 640 XL

A:

Samsung Galaxy J5

Lenovo S60

HTC Desire 816

Huawei Honor 4C

All these phones closely hover around your budget. I’m not uptodate with prices of new Sony phones, so you may check your nearest market for that, I’m sure you’d be able to find something decent for that budget.

[/quote]

Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Does not have LTE (price ranges between 22700 - 23500Rs/-)

The LTE version is Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE (could not get the price for this on local websites will have to check in the market) the basic difference between the two sets is XL has a 13mp front camera but no LTE, while the 640 LTE has a 8mp Front Camera

Huawei Honor 4C does not have LTE according to Gsmarena

HTC Desire 816 (Released 2014, March) and Lenovo s60 (Released 2015, March) specs look good will have to see how the phone feels once i go to the market… both have a 13mp front camera

Samsung galaxy J5 23000Rs/- specs are good, reviews also suggest its a good phone but its without any protection and a bit bulky

in short … Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE ( just hoping the price difference minor compared to XL) should be a close contender with the samsung Galaxy grand prime

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:4, topic:22139”]

Sony phones are lovely. I recently bought M2 and I have to say, this phone looks more premium in hand than its price. And is excellent for usage with near 2 days battery time (WiFi on all times + lots of apps). Back camera is excellent be it light or dark, and front camera is really something you should not care about. Because it is pathetic, but that’s your requirement, so, well.

It fulfills all of your requirements mentioned, except two.

1. No LTE (3G works fine though)

2. Price with local warranty is around 24~25K.

[/quote]

according to Gsmarena there are Two versions of this phone and both are LTE

1. Sony M2

TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Corning Gorilla Glass 3

2. Sony M2 Aqua (- IP68 certified - dust and water proof up to 1.5 meter and 30 minutes)

IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Scratch-resistant glass

Different websites have different prices starting from 19000Rs/- 26000/-

8mp Camera for a 25k Phone doesnt speak to me … still i will check it out

there is also a dual sim version planned for M2

Dual sim version is already out and that's what I have. It is M2 Dual sim and has IPS display. No water proofing.

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:7, topic:22139”]

Dual sim version is already out and that’s what I have. It is M2 Dual sim and has IPS display. No water proofing.

[/quote]

You are right just checked Announced 2014, February still price is on the high side

Sony prices are high due to the premium of the company brand as well as having the least amount of problems in hardware from past 2 years..

Lenovo as recommended above is a very solid and reputable brand gaining worldwide popularity and being in top 5 in china. i have personally used lenvo phones a couple of times and even in low hardware specs of my phone, it was a joy to behold and very fun ease of use features.

up your buget and you could score a lenovo in 25k with a lot lot better specs than the S60 alone..boxed new.

@highway Ah, sorry i didn't pay attention to the LTE requirement.

Well then i suggest you listen to Farhan & up your budget a little more. Brand new boxed pack LTE phones are gonna cost you some dough,

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:9, topic:22139”]

Sony prices are high due to the premium of the company brand as well as having the least amount of problems in hardware from past 2 years…

Lenovo as recommended above is a very solid and reputable brand gaining worldwide popularity and being in top 5 in china. i have personally used lenvo phones a couple of times and even in low hardware specs of my phone, it was a joy to behold and very fun ease of use features.

up your buget and you could score a lenovo in 25k with a lot lot better specs than the S60 alone…boxed new.

[/quote]

i will go to Sony center tomorrow and get the updated price from them with the available models

is there any specific model you have in mind for lenovo ?

Lenovo P70 is (released feb 2015) price is 25k 4000 Mah battery with 13mp camera LTE Lenovo P70

In Terms of value for money the Samsung galaxy grand prime looks like the best bet for 20k. it fulfills all my needs except for (gorilla or shatter proof glass) Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Whats your take on Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE with windows 8.1?Lumia 640 LTE

[quote=“Upsilon, post:10, topic:22139”]

@highway Ah, sorry i didn’t pay attention to the LTE requirement.

Well then i suggest you listen to Farhan & up your budget a little more. Brand new boxed pack LTE phones are gonna cost you some dough,

[/quote]

Well if i find something good i will raise my budget to 25k. The higher my Budget goes my heart will go towards Sony

LTE boxed packed are available but the camera is 5 mp

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 15k Rs/- 5MP Camera LTE November 2014

Samsung Galaxy J1 4G 16k Rs/- 5MP Camera LTE March 2015

If you find the Grand Prime so convincing, then why not go for the Galaxy J5 i mentioned earlier? It has everything Prime has, and more...

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6708&idPhone2=7184

Alternatively, if you're willing to do some compromises (no LTE & 5mp cam) then you may also go for boxed pack Sony Xperia E4 Dual Sim. It fills all your other requirements; and resolution aside, it has a decent camera. So that's that.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:13, topic:22139”]

If you find the Grand Prime so convincing, then why not go for the Galaxy J5 i mentioned earlier? It has everything Prime has, and more…

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6708&idPhone2=7184

Alternatively, if you’re willing to do some compromises (no LTE & 5mp cam) then you may also go for boxed pack Sony Xperia E4 Dual Sim. It fills all your other requirements; and resolution aside, it has a decent camera. So that’s that.

[/quote]

E4 seems good it also has an LTE version but no idea on the price … will go to the market today and check them out

3 different models of E4

thnx

Grand prime LTE model was not available in the market.

Lumia 640 LTE was also not available

reason for both phones not available were the LTE versions have not been launched in Pakistan, though some shopkeepers do have it without official warranty.

Finally decided to get the XPERIA M2 AQUA Sony Xperia M2 AQUA 2403 MashAllah

will post details later

thnx for all the help @Ijaz, Upsilon, Supma5ter, Furhan_ds

^ Hmm, well that does fill all your requirements. Do share your experience with it or maybe write a short review.

^ yes it sure does ... will write a detailed review when i get time

going to get an lte sim tomorrow most likely warid

Any experiences with the Asus Zenfone 2? Fulfills all the requirements and is highly rated by review sites. What's the verdict locally?

Screenshot_2015-09-10-13-13-08.png

Screenshot_2015-09-10-13-12-48.png

Screenshot_2015-09-11-11-01-16.png

^ Not bad. How's your personal experience with it? Satisfied or regretful?