Rent Rules Etiquette in Islamabad/Pakistan

Non tech but tech has to be housed somewhere right.

Just curious as to the standard rules being used these days. What is the standard increase per year, the advance given, the amount of security paid, etc and who are the best people to give a house on rent too w/out having any problems and how to deal with dealers who are like sharks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Non tech but tech has to be housed somewhere right.

Just curious as to the standard rules being used these days. What is the standard increase per year, the advance given, the amount of security paid, etc and who are the best people to give a house on rent too w/out having any problems and how to deal with dealers who are like sharks

[/quote]

Standard increase is 10% PA, but it is upto the landlord. Some never increase the rent some increase 20% PA. Advance is only 1 months rent. Security is usually 6 months rent.

But all these depend on the landlord, everything can be set according to your wishes before signing the contract.

Source: used to study in karachi, so damn hard to find a place when you are without a family, no one wants bachelors in their place and there aint any hostels there. What are the students supposed to do :(

Ya its the same the world over most people dont want bachelors specially students

Ya its the same the world over most people dont want bachelors specially students
[/quote]

Wrong. In western countries (at least in North America), housing around universities almost exclusively caters to students and its very big business. Its also very easy for single people to find a house in general. In Pakistan, the society is family oriented and hence the problems when it comes to renting by students/bachelors.

True... Best way is to share a flat. Me My Self Living in Islamabad as Paying Guest.. Thats The Best alternative to Flat...

Wrong. In western countries (at least in North America), housing around universities almost exclusively caters to students and its very big business. Its also very easy for single people to find a house in general. In Pakistan, the society is family oriented and hence the problems when it comes to renting by students/bachelors.

[/quote]

It all depends on which university/area of USA you are in. Some students of certain colleges have a reputation for being partiers and not good tenants. When I was at university 75% of the people I called said they didnt want any students. If i called a nice place that was charging more they were less worried. So it all depends on where your at… if your a young student, they will be hesitant at some places. but some places NEAR universities obviously attract only students so they are more used to it.

""""""""""Lost In Translation""""""""""

(Rent Rules "ETIQUETTE' in Islamabad/Pakistan)

Pakistani version of english sometimes make me laugh my pants off.

for example if i say in urdu.

admi road cross "KARRAHEE" tha.

then you'll exactly know what i am trying to say that "man was crossing the road", but you'll also detect that it doesn't sound right that it should have been like

admi road cross "KARRAHA" tha.

recently i read in DAWN newspaper, there was a picture and below it line was written like

'people protested the "ENHANCEMENT" of the tuition fees at government schools'

well if tuition fees are enhanced then what is there to protest about.........lol

recently another funny advertisement i saw at clifton road in karachi.

"BUILD YOUR OWN BURGERS"

even though this desi burger joint fellow is trying to say "hey come make your own burger" but every time i pass by clifton road word "BUILD" makes me laugh so hard.....

like i always say life without humor ain't worth living, peace man

@mansha: We don't appreciate unnecessary English lessons on this forum. In future please keep such comments to yourself.

Hmm i think this mansha dude is K2Munda version 2 lol.

Hmm i think this mansha dude is K2Munda version 2 lol.
[/quote]

Probably. Welcome back k2munda :) … What happened? Did your life style not get enhanced or did you not like the burgers in USA?

I hate paying any more than 3 months in security but many demand 6 months security + 1 months advance. And yes, 10% is the fair yearly rent increment in Islamabad according to the rules.

@SECC

and

@ASAD_N

what does k2munda means is this some code word you use in this forum. i am curious to know. i hope its not insulting word, if humor attached to it that would be great, i love jokes.

ok let me try to decode this k2 and munda

k2 cigarettes are/were the cheapest #$%# in pakistan

munda could denote guy, dude, man, fellow etc

so are you all saying i am cheap dude?

he was an ex-member!

who left the forum because he was going to US :lol:

:lol:

welcome back, munda :)