Removing Wateen Telephony service

Can i remove Telephony service from my wateen?

its useless for me!!

No you can't apparently. I asked them several times, and they say NO nonononononono NO!!

well i asked my franchise people to remove it they said yes they can do it and said you only have to pay for 1st month in the next month you can deactivate it !

lets see if its removed in the next billing month!

I am using Wateen from last 19+ months and I have to pay for this useless telephony. And every time I asked franchise to remove telephony charges they say that it is included in the package and thus can't be removed. :(

^^Huh?

@sufyankhan

really?

Who informed you of this?

Was it franchisee or did you call?

Any Wateen CSR here to comment on this?

Yeah It Can Be Removed Now! Just Call helpline 111-365-111

with your existing telephony number or from the mobile number on which you recieve alerts and calls etc.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using Wateen from last 19+ months and I have to pay for this useless telephony. And every time I asked franchise to remove telephony charges they say that it is included in the package and thus can’t be removed. :(
[/quote]

same here

there is only 1 call you will see in my previous log that is for testing purposes when i get it fixed from a fault in very first days. now it’s one and a half of the year never used it. and paying for it. :(

and wampyr, I think you upgraded from 512 to 1024. do you really get the new speed at 1024kbps? and how long did it take to reflect the new speed at your place?

it’s 2 weeks now after upgrading to 1024kbps. I am getting the same speed as around 512kpbs that is 60KB to 70KB like before upgrading :confused:

@djayz

I always asked them about it. and the last time I asked for it on 2 Saturdays before from the frenchize when I got to upgrade my 512k to 1024k. It wasn’t like that you told. still not unsubscribe able.

when did you talked to them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

and wampyr, I think you upgraded from 512 to 1024. do you really get the new speed at 1024kbps? and how long did it take to reflect the new speed at your place?

it’s 2 weeks now after upgrading to 1024kbps. I am getting the same speed as around 512kpbs that is 60KB to 70KB like before upgrading :confused:

[/quote]

It took few days (don’t remember how many) and it was converted (from 512Kbits) to 1Mbits (I converted it in June or July of 2008). I usually get ~120Kbits in off-peak hours (morning) and ~90Kbits to ~70Kbits in peak hours (in evening).

Maybe your connection is not yet upgraded. I remember that I kept visiting franchise office and even brought there my CPE 600 to upgrade it software (after software upgrade many quirks were removed and started to get stable connection).

Last month, I converted my 1Mbit 10GB connection to 1Mbit Unlimited connection. I did a trick that I went to change it, the day before my billing month. My billing month starts from 5th and I converted it on 4th. I just had to wait for a night and from next day, I charged account with Rs. 1600 (using pre-paid cards) and it was Unlimited account. I confirmed it from Customer Service and it was Unlimited (so does tells the Wateen Portal).

^yes they tell that I have the 1mbps package (that is 10GB actually) and so the Wateen Portal tells the same. but I dont get the speed as it to be.

I think I have also to take my CPE to frenchize and do the things what were done to yours

They are LIARS who knows about the inside stuff.. guys i believe what i say! so i didnt see a single 1mb property in wateen.. i think they should limit it to 512kbps cuz 1mb connections are so f.up!

@bellskar: i talked them on 28th July at 2.30pm in Lahore's Head Office

I have been trying to get this blasted telephony removed ever since I got Wateen, but to no avail.

As for speeds on 1MB I do get speeds above 100KB/sec most of the time. The speed fluctuates between 140-160 KB/sec during the best of times.

I got mine removed and a refund for 7 months. As far as I can tell I wasn't charged for telephony this month just gone.

So you're saying we can definitely get our telephony removed?

That is good news, if it is possible then just think as done :)

I called on their UAN 111365111 and requested them to remove telephony service but they denied and told me it's not possible as per exisiting policy and rules.

I called on their UAN 111365111 and requested them to remove telephony service but they denied and told me it's not possible as per exisiting policy and rules.

Some people is saying it is possible, some saying not possible... ok i will try 2night Inshallah... then let you know guyz about my experience...

(Actually i was waiting for last dates of this month, since i already paid for this month)

I told you i talked to their Marketing Executive.. Helpline people don't know a DAMN!

its all about franchise people! its amazing how a company as big as wateen doesnt have uniform policy, i noticed it the first time when i was applying for the connection and visited 2 or 3 franchises and now its very evident, every franchise is operating independently as per their own rules !

@defurry

i think you didnt read my post carefully, all of your questions have already been answered in my first post in this thread.