Removing Virus from Nokia 6600

My son bought a used Nokia 6600 set which appears to be infected with some sort of virus. This virus sends out MMS to all incoming numbers as well as numbers from address book thereby consuming all his balance in minutes. Now when inernet settings are deleted it puts thos MMS in outbox consuming all the memory to the point where cell phone starts freezing. In addition to disabling bluetooth he has:

1. Formated the card and removed it.

2. Reset the settiing by entering code *#7370#

3. Formatted everything by pressing Green buton+*+3 and switching it On.

4. Loaded Kaspersky anti-virus

Nothing of the above helps. Virus seems to activate after a couple of minutes. Can anyone help how to remove this virus or please point to helpful resource.

Kind Regards

http://download.cnet.com/Kaspersky-Mobile-Security-Symbian-OS/3000-2064_4-10640241.html

You can use Kaspersky Mobile anti-Virus

Not sure if it works on 6600 but you may give it a try

Already did that. Point 4 above. It shows no virus.

I really can't believe it happened again after performing the option "1 - fully Formated the card and removed it. and 3. Formatted everything by pressing Green buton+*+3 and switching it On."

If he did it correctly. it has to be fixed for sure unless it was not performed successfully or it got again with some thing that has the virus.

^x2

I will x3 this :) , before switching to Blackberry recently , I have used 6600 for many years, and there was no problem which was not fixed by point 3 "Formatted everything by pressing Green buton+*+3 and switching it On."

But if this was done properly and that black and white fromatting screen finished fine and the problem is still there , then its very very strange..

OK HERE IS A SUGGESTION. FIRST REMOVE THE MEMORY CARD AND GET IT FORMATTED THROUGH A COMPUTER. THAN APPLY THE Green button+*+3 and switching it On trick to format it will show a black and white screen with formatting written over. Make sure battery is atleast 70% charged during formatting

My cousin has a N73 and he is facinga problem that his all games restart. It start happening recently. Although tried Kaspersky but no virus found.

Any solution?

^Ask him to give it a firmware upgrade. that will really make him a good experience with up-to-date firmware. and tell him to try using the sis applications as much as he could. and if he want to use Java applications or Games then confirm first about the vendor/author of that applications(not very important though). but most of them are weak in memory allocation/management that can disturb him all the time in a Symbian device.

I myself installed .jar and sis games. Previously it was OK but few days back the problem started to arise.

May be I downloaded from zonepk all the games and the problem arise.

I have tried many times but in the mid PC Suite says can't connect to the service. So unable to upgrade its firmware.

Flashing :D .

Format Everything card/cell then Flash your Mobile throu a repair shop ;).

100% Work :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I really can’t believe it happened again after performing the option "1 - fully Formated the card and removed it. and 3. Formatted everything by pressing Green buton+*+3 and switching it On."

If he did it correctly. it has to be fixed for sure unless it was not performed successfully or it got again with some thing that has the virus.

[/quote]

Yes it was done correctly and I did see black screen scrolling to right bit by bit. Bluetooth is off and no MMS was received as there are no settings. Have not transferred anything as he has no cable and BT/IR are disabled.

OK HERE IS A SUGGESTION. FIRST REMOVE THE MEMORY CARD AND GET IT FORMATTED THROUGH A COMPUTER. THAN APPLY THE Green button+*+3 and switching it On trick to format it will show a black and white screen with formatting written over. Make sure battery is atleast 70% charged during formatting
[/quote]

This too has been tried. It appears like default OS is infected. :(

^Ask him to give it a firmware upgrade. that will really make him a good experience with up-to-date firmware. and tell him to try using the sis applications as much as he could. and if he want to use Java applications or Games then confirm first about the vendor/author of that applications(not very important though). but most of them are weak in memory allocation/management that can disturb him all the time in a Symbian device.
[/quote]

Ok. Will try that now to get rid of this ghost.