Register device with Android Market?

Friends I am trying to install my first android app and getting this error message

There are no Android devices associated with this account

How can i register my device with google to download and install apps?

You installing from PC.

you simply can not add your device or download any app from market using pc

goto app market through your android device

Ah...! Silly me... I thought i have to register my sim and phone with google and after that i will click install and google will send app to my registered mobile.

Thanks for help

Message is same. I tried to install app using my cell phone. Same error. Now what to do?

Which phone it is? Have you added your gmail account on this phone?

It's Samsung Galaxy Gio

Yes. First, I logged in to my gmail account. After that I browsed "market.android.com". I saw my email address in "error message" popup which says something like this "There are no Android devices associated with this account"

[quote=“greatlogix, post:7, topic:16649”]

It’s Samsung Galaxy Gio

Yes. First, I logged in to my gmail account. After that I browsed “market.android.com”. I saw my email address in “error message” popup which says something like this “There are no Android devices associated with this account”

[/quote]

Go to Settings --> Accounts and sync

If your gmail account isn’t listed there then click on “Add Account” button.

Do you have the Android Market on your device?

The phone should have it - or look for "Play Store" if you can't find Market.

As a precaution, go to the app settings, look for Market, clear the cache and data. Now open the market, and it should register. Syncing doesn't have anything to do with the market not picking up your phone. (and market.android.com is not the Market, but the app itself)

perform a factory reset, boot up the phone and start over to add your gmail address. Make sure it has the correct username/pass. Then open android market App from your applications menu. Do not visit android market via browser. Paste screen shot of error message you get. Run a google or youtube search to know how to take screen shots without installing any special app.

^ @hawker

You nailed it. A very good post. You have covered all aspects.

Thanks friends for your kind help.

According to your instructions, I browsed the android market using "Market" icon, at first use it asked me for google account and i installed my first app using "Market" app in my cell phone. After that "Market" icon was replaced with "Play Shop". Anyways, After that I browsed android market using my PC, clicked install and google sent all apps to my phone. No need to use small cell fone screen to find new apps :)

Good to see the people providing feedback.

Congratulations.