Regarding Orbit Showtime Network

Hi guys, I've heard that OSN has gone and moved and blah blah blah.. But till the cursed PEMRA ban, I was receiving Show Movies, Show Series, America Plus, MGM and Show Sports 4. But now after the channels have resumed, I am only getting Show Sports 4. I think that means that OSN hasn't completely gone yet if we're getting atleast one of their channels. Any views? Santa Cruz?

almost a month now OSN have switched off almost all the old cards and have requested the owner of the smartcard to swap it with new HD decoder and new smartcard if they want to see OSN.

in order to show all the OSN channels cable operators need to purchase each HD decoder for each channel unlike with previous irdeto cards it was splitted with smart card multiplexer

OSN channels havent moved from old sat yet. only few of them. but as multichoice said they have moved to the new smart cards and decoders thats why cable operators arent able to decode those channels coz they are on older decoders.

OSN has moved to Nilesat 102 at 7.0°W.Only Sindhi/Karachi can enjoy the package orbit..we are out of its foorprints...I guess dubai is near Karachi Ehhh...Rest of us can only move on with BAdr3 orbit till it lasts :D

There are 2 packages of OSN, one at Eurobird 2 and other at Atlantic Bird 4A. check out the links:

http://www.lyngsat.com/eb2.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/ab4a.html

Nilesat and Atlantic Bird are at the same location. The package on that sat has all the good stuff including HD channels but its signal is not accessible in upper parts of Pakistan.

The one at Eurobird 2 is what we heard going to be removed. its still there but changed its encryption.

Atleast the Nilesat isn't for us.Its signals are receivable only in baclohistan..karachi/Sindh .. Will OSN leave Eurobird 2/Badr3 completely or not?

Yup couple of months back news came in that osn is moving from eurobird 2 don't know the reason why but what i beleive that they wanted to keep one satellite with HD channels capacity which eurobird 2 wasn't capable of and what they said actually they wanted to fight piracy issues with this satellite. For that they have transferred each of their subscribers to nilesat by providing them with free HD decoders. In order to make this move more effective they changed the encryption on eurobird 2 and blocked all previously accessible cards. So technically no one would be able to access eurobird 2 package and that's why cable operators here are unable to provide those channels cauz their cards are blocked my friend. Worldcall only managed to provide super movies and osn comedy from card sharing stuff and they are still trying to get more but i am afraid they are unsuccessful in doing so. But its true that osn is going to shutdown eurobird 2 reception and permanaently operate on nilesat with better encryption and HD channels. I don't get it why in Karachi osn channels aren't given by cable operators cauz its receivable there. May be now it is only working on HD receiver which these cable operators aren't ready or unable to get it from market.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yup couple of months back news came in that osn is moving from eurobird 2 don’t know the reason why but what i beleive that they wanted to keep one satellite with HD channels capacity which eurobird 2 wasn’t capable of and what they said actually they wanted to fight piracy issues with this satellite. For that they have transferred each of their subscribers to nilesat by providing them with free HD decoders. In order to make this move more effective they changed the encryption on eurobird 2 and blocked all previously accessible cards. So technically no one would be able to access eurobird 2 package and that’s why cable operators here are unable to provide those channels cauz their cards are blocked my friend. Worldcall only managed to provide super movies and osn comedy from card sharing stuff and they are still trying to get more but i am afraid they are unsuccessful in doing so. But its true that osn is going to shutdown eurobird 2 reception and permanaently operate on nilesat with better encryption and HD channels. I don’t get it why in Karachi osn channels aren’t given by cable operators cauz its receivable there. May be now it is only working on HD receiver which these cable operators aren’t ready or unable to get it from market.
[/quote]

That’s right, the signal is available only in Sindh, but why are the operators only showing Show Sports 4? Why not a movie channel? OSN has lost its Premier League rights and that was the only reason why I wanted this channel. Now it’s utterly useless. Nothing to show except for UFC highlights throughout the day.

Well once my cable operator tuned Al Jazeera Sport +3 (it’s available here! =D) for some time temporarily and I was just surfing through the channels and when I came across it I was dumbfounded! I kept staring at it for a minute, the match Tottenham vs BSC Young Boys was coming, couldn’t believe it! He then tuned Al Jazeera Sport +4 and then the FTA Al Jazeera News and then blank. Till date I am hoping for it. Or atleast they bring in TEN Action. I want something new,