Regarding iPad

A relative came from US and gave my father a ipad. I tried to install free apps on it but failed to do so as it asks for verification of payment options and it asks for a valid credit card which i can't provide. As there are no apps he can only surf the internet on his ipad which is very limited. He wants some spreadsheets or office capabilities but as there is no app installed by default which can do that i had to try installing apps from the ipad market but haven't find any way to do that. Find an app named marked enabler but that is for rooted ipad only.

Is it possible to install at least free applications for ipad without jailbreaking/rooting ipad?

Is it possible to download and install free applications for ipad other than for the ipad market?

Is there any solution to installing free apps?

Note: I don't want to jailbreak the ipad as i don't want to risk that if something goes wrong my father won't to able to use his ipad and as he doesn't have a laptop won't be able to access the internet.

Do you have an iTunes account? Maybe you can connect it to iTunes on your computer then download apps using iTunes and then sync your IPad...I don't have hands on experience doing that, but just taking a guess.

I hope this would help. http://tipsneeded.com/how-to-install-apps-on-ipad/

If you don't have iTunes account and

If you choose to install with iTunes.. then make sure you create an iTunes account via selecting any free app on the App Store. Doing this won't ask you for Credit Card details. Otherwise creating iTunes account without selecting an app or selecting a paid app will ask you to provide Credit Card details during the registration phase. So again telling you that register with selecting a free app as follows:

* Select any free iPad app on iTunes.

* Upon asking to signin or register, register a new account.

* Follow the on-screen instructions. You shouldn't be asked for credit card details.

(This is not needed if you already have an iTunes account. Just select a free app and sign in when asked for.)

Q: Is it possible to install at least free applications for ipad without jailbreaking/rooting ipad?

A: Yes! (only from App Store via iTunes or iPad itself)

Q: Is it possible to download and install free applications for ipad other than for the ipad market?

A: Possible! but only on jailbroken iPads. NO! with your clauses.

Q: Is there any solution to installing free apps?

A: Follow the procedure properly you will get free apps from the App Store onto your iPad easily.

PS: Market Enabler is the app for Android Phones not for iPad or iOS. And is for some other purpose likely to gain access to the apps which aren't available in your region

Had an itunes account already but in the payment options i selected none instead of Visa option and the free app installed perfectly.

^ Gud! best of luck with your new iPad.. sorry your dad's iPad :)

Are you sure that the apps you are installing in Ipad is free of cost because some times paid apps requires such type of confirmation

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Are you sure that the apps you are installing in Ipad is free of cost because some times paid apps requires such type of confirmation
[/quote]

Yes the apps are free but even for free apps it needed the payment to be selected. I selected none to the payment option and it is now letting me install free apps.

I think you should try cracked Apps :) as solution to the problem

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Do you have an iTunes account? Maybe you can connect it to iTunes on your computer then download apps using iTunes and then sync your IPad…I don’t have hands on experience doing that, but just taking a guess.

ipad 2 case

Apple Accessories

iPad2 cases

[/quote]

If you choose to install with iTunes… then make sure you create an iTunes account via selecting any free app on the App Store. Doing this won’t ask you for Credit Card details. Otherwise creating iTunes account without selecting an app or selecting a paid app will ask you to provide Credit Card details during the registration phase. So again telling you that register with selecting a free app as follows: