Refilling Cartridges

I am in Karachi and find that refilling for 300 Rupees does not give you good quality at all. Has anybody had bad experiences with refilling.

Thanks

Yeah, Well i never get the same quality when i get it refilled.. It just doesnt give the same sort of color and performance.

Sorry alamode, I meant to say it does not give good quality...

Yeah was kinda confused :D.. btw how much does a new cartridge cost?

Depends on the printer, my printer a new one costs about Rs. 1400

inkjet will never give you original quality after refilling, its work best only if you will buy new cartridges. but laser printers cartridge will work very very good after refilling and its refill cost is the same. But people will go to the inkjet anyway coz as you said its color printer for just 1400 Rs as compare to 22000 color laser printer.

which printer you have? 300 for refiling hmm

I've never had problems with refilling black cartridges on my bubblejet. But yeah, with color, u just cant DIY. Get someone in the market to do it for u. it will still b cheaper than new.

Even if you get it refilled from the so called Machine Refilling, the quality of prints will reduce on Deskjets. But its somewhat acceptable for normal text printing. New cartridges are 800 onwards depending on the model and b/w and colour.

I've never refilled colour cartridges, but you might be able to get a bit ok results if you increase the print quality.

dude i refill my cartridges at home by myself.... well i usually use printers for drafts and freehand documentation but quality is usuually OK... i have a canon pixma ip1000 and a hp all-in-one whose model i dont recall....

How do yuou fill pixma? I always refilled my BJC but not this pixma cuz now the head is part of the printer isntead of the cartridge, and i have seen quite a few heads destroyed by substandard ink

i've no prior experience with refilled cartridges, i'm gonna get my inkjet's color cartridge refilled in a few days. will see the difference then

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How do yuou fill pixma? I always refilled my BJC but not this pixma cuz now the head is part of the printer isntead of the cartridge, and i have seen quite a few heads destroyed by substandard ink
[/quote]

dude the head is part of the printer but the ink tank is removeable, n its only a empty tank with spong in it so no wories too… so just pour in the ink… =D

Yes i know the ink tank is removable. i m concerned with the ink clogging the head. I ruined my 210SP by refilling. It worked fine for some years with refilled ink but eventually the ink clogged the head, and there was no going back.

In contrast , my next printer, 2100SP had the head with the cartridge, so i refilled it without any fear, knowing i can always throw away the cartridge and get a new one. But with pixma, the head is again with the printer.

Next time anyone's catridge's head is clogged/blocked, soak the head in alcohol (or you could use the liquid used for cleaning windows) for 24hrs. It has worked wonders for me. I am still using the cartridge that came with my printer almost one and a half years ago and alhamdulillah I have printed more than 2000 pages but I do tend to print often not letting the printer sit idle for too long. This is a good habit. An occassional cleaning with alcohol also levelled any printing problems!

As far as refilling is concerned, it's pretty rudimentary. You fill the syringe, you transfer the ink in the cartridge through a little hole usually hidden underneath the label.

dude the alcohol trick works... its true... and if ur head to ever get cloged u can buy a new head but tht wont be a good choice cuz it will cost more than an actual printer so throw the printer out and buy a new one cuz it only costs 2500-3000 rupees these days....

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Next time anyone’s catridge’s head is clogged/blocked, soak the head in alcohol (or you could use the liquid used for cleaning windows) for 24hrs. It has worked wonders for me. I am still using the cartridge that came with my printer almost one and a half years ago and alhamdulillah I have printed more than 2000 pages but I do tend to print often not letting the printer sit idle for too long. This is a good habit. An occassional cleaning with alcohol also levelled any printing problems!

As far as refilling is concerned, it’s pretty rudimentary. You fill the syringe, you transfer the ink in the cartridge through a little hole usually hidden underneath the label.

[/quote]

which printer are you using?

i have heard some guy is bringing some australian 3rd party ink and laser toner filling franchise to pakistan, i'll update you more if i get any more info, as i heard this from one of my friend in conversation