Red Bull for exam preperation ? Or any other drinks?

I've heard alot about Red Bull that it helps keeps the mind open for the next 3-4 hours and helps concentrate in studying, Is this true? has anyone tried it? My exams are coming up so i want to know if there are any side affects this drink could have.

Also have heard about a few medicines which claim to be helpful in memorizing stuff, never really tried it.. Do they really work? Has any of you guys tried something like Red Bull or other drinks/medicines during Exam Preparation or before the exam ?

red bull or blue ox drinks are high caeffene drinks. I will recommend you to take coffee instead.

Also as redbull is pretty expensive, i think around 100rs per Can ? Thats quite steep.

not to mention its useless and hazardous to health

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

not to mention its useless and hazardous to health
[/quote]

How?

yar look for those dubai imported drinks.. a bit cheaper than red bull.. its name is escaping my mind.. around 50rs per can.

blue ox is bekaar so i wont recommend it. 2-3 red bull can for a night will do really.

even going out and roaming around the streets of karachi is hazardous dude.. so cut it lol.

Try espresso

Or Black Coffee

From my research into the health affects of energy drinks, I have found that most reliable sources agree that they are harmless, provided they are taken in moderation and are not mixed with alcohol, medication or strenuous physical activity (one such source is Health Canada's website which has a whole section dedicated to energy drinks).

However, consuming ridiculous amounts of caffeine and taurine might not be a good idea, and might actually make you somewhat addicted to the energy drinks induced 'high', making it harder for you to work without it. Might I suggest you do some research into napping and its associated benefits. You'll find if you take a short (15-30 min) nap you'll feel very alert and willing to tackle your school work.

Does Red Bull also help you stay awake if you're sleepy because i almost always when i have an exam study the whole night without sleep and then go to the paper the next day and im really really sleepy during the exam but i still manage it.

well i tried red bull and it didnt make any bit of difference what so ever. waste of 120rs that was!

If you're interested in reading in depth about energy drinks affects on health, I advise you to read this:

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/prod/energy-energie-eng.php

I have never used red bull before studies. But i have always found it effective before going for a paper as i have had only a few hours sleep in the night.

Does Red Bull also help you stay awake if you're sleepy because i almost always when i have an exam study the whole night without sleep and then go to the paper the next day and im really really sleepy during the exam but i still manage it.
[/quote]

It works on some people. If i drink it my i cant sleep for 4-5 hours. But it has never worked on my siblings. They always sleep before 12. A can off red bull an hour before their sleep had no effect.

Does Red Bull also help you stay awake if you’re sleepy because i almost always when i have an exam study the whole night without sleep and then go to the paper the next day and im really really sleepy during the exam but i still manage it.
[/quote]

i use to drink red bull after many sleepless nights and for me it worked but i really honestly dont want to recommend anyone,

its high in caffeine and very high in sugar as well.

as some one said you better try coffee. (but dont forget to brush your teeth after ;) )

My tolerance for Caffeine is quite low. And for the people who, like me, drink not more than 1.5 liters of soft drinks a month, I recommend 3 glasses of Mountain Dew to stay awake throughout the night as it has the highest amount of Caffeine among all the soft/regular drinks.

I’ve heard alot about Red Bull that it helps keeps the mind open for the next 3-4 hours and helps concentrate in studying, Is this true? has anyone tried it? My exams are coming up so i want to know if there are any side affects this drink could have.

Also have heard about a few medicines which claim to be helpful in memorizing stuff, never really tried it… Do they really work? Has any of you guys tried something like Red Bull or other drinks/medicines during Exam Preparation or before the exam ?

[/quote]

Red Bull is for sports. I used Red Bulls a few years back. I had the same misconception as you do.

The fact is,it is bad for your concentration. It charges you up,but for what? You are not a bull ready to charge…But a human who has to be smart to score well in exams.

Take my work,its crap.

@ dear alamode

Red Bull is an energy drink like many other brands. My suggestion is don't go for it as a solution to extend your waking hours. sah maybe right about safety of "moderate" consumption of Red Bull (energy drinks) but who knows about the tolerance level of Canadians :D

To scare a bit of you all who love Red Bull or other caffeinated energy drinks.

Red Bull in suspected link to deaths

Quote: The three healthy young people who died are all thought to have drunk Red Bull shortly before their deaths.

http://www.energyfiend.com/2007/08/death-by-red-bull

Quote: Australian Matthew Penbross’s heart stopped after consuming 8 Red Bulls within 5 hours. Fortunately ambulance officers (paramedics) were able to revive him with a defibrillator.

Penbross (aged 28) was in good health, with no history of heart disease, and regularly consumed 4 Red Bulls per day.

On the contrary, sleep is very important. You need to take your full 8 to 9 hours sleep.

Here is what London School of Economics Students' Union says about exam's preparation.

http://www.lsesu.com/pages/Student_Support/Welfare/exam_support/revision_tips.html

Another medical article about importance of sleep and exams:

http://www.medinfo2004.org/more-than-just-a-beauty-sleep-4597/

What you should eat? Eat healthy food. Sandwiches are much better than crisps. Avoid indulging large amount of deep fried food. Eat vegetables and meat sandwiches. Almonds are good, there is something in them that's why our grandmothers use to say to eat almonds by soaking them overnight. Do take your normal dosage of milk too. Proteins are your friends, you may try taking a protein shake daily. In short, eat healthier food.

Try to reduce your stress. Everybody has his own way to reduce stress. 5 minutes of a song or 5 minutes in pray or 5 minutes walk/exercise to take stress out of your mind and restart your studies with a fresh and calm mind. In my experience stress is a major thing before and during exams, mainly because of other people's expectations from you. Keep a positive attitude about exams.

Good luck with your preparations :)

-----

For martians; This is NOT a rant. Shove it!

Martians should learn at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rant

Not for earthly people :)

^

man u scared me but...there aint no other way....

redbull is really good..

my exams are just in a week so i thought to get Ritalin as an exams stimulant ...

Ritalin: a very strong stimulant which helps you concentrate very hard and can keep u awake and hyper active for about 12 hours wid just one pill buttt its over dose may lead to its adiction http://www.google.com/search?q=ritalin

so i thought to try out redbull...

and it worked realy well

one 250ml can for 95rs thats too expensive but worth its price...

i woke up today @ 7 am and @ 2 pm i was feeling sleepy as hell so i went out and took a redbbull as a test..

and now its 12 and i have not even yawned once since i drank it...

it also helped me concentrate very nicely...

and i am looking forward to use it 1 can per exam day...

and as sah told there aint any side effects[if not over dosed] so its good...

^ Hey I never used Red bull to stay awake. But I remember U used to have one dose of Ritalin and it worked like a charm. I will recommend you to get a one goli of Ritalin, a very small white goli but works damn good in exams. Try it but I always find it hard to get it from local medical store as they always ask " for what purpose you are buying " :D

^^ I still stick to what I had said earlier.

R.E.M. sleep is very important for memory building. Caffeinated drinks (coffee, coke cola, pepsi, red bull, tea, etc. etc.) will disturb your normal sleeping pattern and even little over-dose (3 to 4 coffee cups or red bulls) are enough to prevent you from getting proper R.E.M. sleeps.

However, if you are comfortable with red bull, coffee or any other drink then go ahead. :)