Recording my screen?

Okey i need to record my screen, I have a few softwares for this uTipu and second is CamStudio. The thing is, uTIPu can only record video and not audio that im playing on the computer. CamStudio solves this problem though, It can record both audio and video but the quality of sound and video is very very bad in CamStudio.

Basically i want to record a few lectures, Im enrolled for a distance learning package and they show you videos which cannot be downloaded.. Ive tried every possible way to download them and you simply cant.. Ive tried Firefox's addon Flashgot and many other softwares but it just wont let me download the video using those methods.. Plus the rightclick on that website is disabled.

So i need to record the videos along with the audio using some software. Is there any software that can do that in good quality? thanks.

Have you tried WM Recorder or Rip Tiger? I doubt there is any streaming video on the internet which can hide from these two, especially WM Recorder.

BTW, you can right click on any page using firefox extension RightToClick.

Wondershare Streaming Video Recorder is really wonderful. It even records stream from BBC which other popular softwares miss. If the videos are in non-standard proprietary format then the only option would be screen and audio capture.

ALthough a bit off topic but to which distance learning you are registered?

Did you try "Download Helper" add-on for Firefox which can convert or download any video and audio file which is playing within Firefox browser. To install it, visit this link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Camtasia is better in professional recording. but CamStudio gave me very expected and very sharp resutls any way on Res. 1400x900 with good voice.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ALthough a bit off topic but to which distance learning you are registered?
[/quote]

Acca, London School of bussiness and finance have packages for distance learning and they give videos and notes for each acca paper…

Anyway, The stream is kinda different… Like in normal streams like Youtube, The file runs and streams so lets say 1 minute of the stream is completed so you can go back to lets say 30 seconds and play it without streaming it again because that part of the video is already streamed, Whereas over here if i go backwards in a video, it streams it again for a few seconds… so its not a normal stream… They probably did this so people cant save videos or something i guess…

Even Wondershare Streaming Video Recorder says no link found on the streaming site :D.. i guess recording is the only option

Even Wondershare Streaming Video Recorder says no link found on the streaming site :D… i guess recording is the only option
[/quote]

Did WM Recorder and Rip Tiger fail too?

Okey i need to record my screen, I have a few softwares for this uTipu and second is CamStudio. The thing is, uTIPu can only record video and not audio that im playing on the computer. CamStudio solves this problem though, It can record both audio and video but the quality of sound and video is very very bad in CamStudio.

Basically i want to record a few lectures, Im enrolled for a distance learning package and they show you videos which cannot be downloaded… Ive tried every possible way to download them and you simply cant… Ive tried Firefox’s addon Flashgot and many other softwares but it just wont let me download the video using those methods… Plus the rightclick on that website is disabled.

So i need to record the videos along with the audio using some software. Is there any software that can do that in good quality? thanks.

[/quote]

To disable Right clicking the website is most likely using javascript. Just turn off javascript in firefox and you’ll be able to right click. If you install the tab mix plus extension you can disable javascript on a per tab basis.

As far as downloading the video is concerned you will need to look at the source code of the page to determine the URL for the video file. Most likely it will be inside an embed tag or an object tag.

Can you provide at least one webpage link which contains/initiates the specific video you need to download. I want to analyze the page. Or are those only available to subscribed students?

Anyway If you are talking about the videos on http://www.freeaccalectures.org (linked from http://www.lsbf.org.uk) then the videos can be downloaded easily.for e.g; here is one:

http://www.freeaccalectures.org/podcasts/free/ACF4S09P8H.flv

^^ Yeah actually those videos are not in the format of the actual videos since they are only previews, and yeah the actual videos are only available to students..

Have you tried WM Recorder or Rip Tiger? I doubt there is any streaming video on the internet which can hide from these two, especially WM Recorder.

BTW, you can right click on any page using firefox extension RightToClick.

[/quote]

I tried to find them but i can only find their demos… downloading them right now though.

I downloaded the demo of WM reocrder and when i run it, My pc just restarts :S

Try BSR Screen Recorder, it is really good, it isn't free, but you can use the free trial version without any time limitations.

And Rip Tiger crashes both IE and Firefox as soon as i open them :S

And Rip Tiger crashes both IE and Firefox as soon as i open them :S
[/quote]

:confused: Both work fine on my PC. You’re unlucky I suppose.

I guess you'll have to try other softwares as well. One of them might work. Check this list http://osswin.sourceforge.net/#video

Fraps ?

screen recorder

@alamode Have you tried he software i recommended to you or not?

@striker111 Fraps can only record screen while gaming.