Recommended PCB Manufactures in Pakistan

Anyone here have recommendations for PCB manufacturers in Pakistan? I got two made from National Institute of Electronics, Islamabad and to my eye they were very well made. However, a colleague keeps complaining but never gets specific except saying that he almost lifted a pad while using an hot air iron on them at one point. Because I lack experience, I do not want to argue with him.

So, I'm just looking for other options at this point. If nothing else, maybe it'll convince him that the PCBs were indeed well made. Any suggestions?

Smart PCB.

Thanks Asad. Have you used them personally? If so, were they on time with the delivery? At the moment, I'm really looking to get Rev. B of my prototype fabricated, so a quantity of 2-4 would be more than enough.

EDIT: wanted to add, 4 layer PCB would be a BIG bonus. I'd really prefer a 4-layer board. Any manufacturer do those in Pakistan?

Yes and yes.

2-4 might be too low a quantity. Talk to them and negotiate.

I have experience with Smart PCB's for dual layer boards, they are the best that I have seen till now in Pakistan quality wise (Compared to Elite etc.)

Also I recently designed a 4-layer PCB and its under fabrication from Smart PCB's, supposed to get it soon after Eid. So inshAllah I will let you know how it goes.

I have a 4 layer PCB from them in front of me right now and the quality is good. A lot of it also depends on the material used.

Out of curiosity guys, is a 4 layer board much better over a 2 layer one? The unbroken ground and power plane will benefit a lot, I know. Plus, I'll get a lot of flexibility when routing signals on the other two layers. But the cost is twice as much - and while that isn't a problem, I'm wondering should I go for it?

The circuit consists of CPLDs and a uC, along with quite a few transistors (around 200 or so). Having a separate power/ground plane will lower the inductance from the current loops significantly, I feel.

^ Depends on the circuit requirements. It has its benefits with associated costs.

I had dense 4 x 32-bit uC's plus DAC's, ADC's etc (like 15 SMD chips) and signal integrity was a concern so went for a 4-layer board.

If you have more SMD's and can stuff on either side of PCB to reduce the size then it would be feasible (both cost and size wise). Also consider it once the prototype is troubleshot/proven.

By the way I was wondering if anyone has a hint of who does the best stuffing of dense SMD chips?

[quote=“Asad, post:8, topic:15904”]

^ Depends on the circuit requirements. It has its benefits with associated costs.

[/quote]

Yes, but benefits other than the ones I listed? Could you please list them. That will make my decision easier.

OK, I just thought of some more things: my board is going to need 100 or so MOSFETs at the output. They're very tiny packages SC70-6. But 100 is a huge number, so I need to mount half of these on the bottom layer.

Now, the way I like to layout is that I like to have an almost unbroken ground plane. If I place components on the bottom, this will not be the case anymore and my ground will suffer. This is another reason I'd prefer a 4-layer board.

wildlaurel and Asad, can Smart PCB manufacture blind vias or do I need to use thru-hole vias? I'd call them, but it's Eid and I'm hoping for a response here so I can continue my work. Blind vias would help as so many connections are from power plane to a signal.

There was a multilayer board with blind/buried vias made some time back by Smart PCB, so they can do it but it might turn out to be quite expensive.

OK, I'll stick with thru-hole then. Thanks for the response!

Also, I'm using min. track width of 10 mils, clearance of 8 mils and vias of diameter of 40 mils.

I know that Smart PCB's website list their capabilities, but I wanted to ask you as sometimes they can be misleading. Do you think tolerances are ok?

Was supposed to received my boards today from Smart PCB - after a delay of more than a week. So 3 weeks since I gave them my PCB Files. Guess what they told me? During the electroplating process they destroyed the entire batch of boards and so they have to start the entire process again. Now I'll have to wait at least a week or 10 days more to get them.

AOA

Guys i am from SMART PCBs if you have any questions feel free to ask me i just want to say that we are the leading manufacturers of PCBs in Pakistan do give us a try you can always visit us before mahing your decision

Hi,

Is there any good PCB Manufacturer in Pakistan ??who can fabricate and stuff 8 layer board having 400Pin BGA Package???.

[quote=", post:17, topic:15904"]

AOA

Guys i am from SMART PCBs if you have any questions feel free to ask me i just want to say that we are the leading manufacturers of PCBs in Pakistan do give us a try you can always visit us before mahing your decision

[/quote]

can u make 8 layer PCB with 400 Pin High Density BGA Package????

Smart PCBs is an average quality manufacturer for single and double sided PCBs. Although they claim to manufacture multi layer boards, but I don't think the quality required for a 400 pins BGA can be met by a PCB made by Smart PCBs.

If you want to get this job done, PM me. Such a BGA is no problem to handle.