Recommend a specialization field among databases,software eng

kindly any1 guide me which field shud i select among

software engineering

networking

databases

fundamental programming.

i am doing masters in information technology....and really really confused abt it...

What do you like?

where r the comments a guy put on my posts:-(

he jst dismoods me...

^ I deleted the off-topic comments so the thread doesn't lose direction. And you better get a grip and stop throwing tantrums or I'll ban you.

ok.thanx.actually i want to know the scope of these fileds fr girls..i m interested in programming but some people guide me that it will be very difficult to specialize in it.i want to do some courses to knw abt computer sciences.i hav done dot net course.bt now i m totally blank..i hav 3 months holidays and i honestly dnt want to waste them...and do wat will help in my future studies....

1. First of all the field has nothing to do with your gender. If you're good at it, you'll be successful. If you can't compete with your peers' knowledge and skills, then it doesn't matter if you're a guy, a girl or something in between, you will fail.

2. Why does it matter if people say its difficult to specialize in? Are you not capable of hard work? You're doing Masters and you still haven't realized that nothing in life worth doing is easy. Everything is difficult and everything requires work. Suck it up and deal with it.

3. Being proficient in programming requires you to practice coding. The more number of lines of code you write, the better you will get. You don't have to take any courses. At the end of the day, programmers are more or less self taught. You just need access to some good resources and be willing to put in the effort. Read the thread below and my post linked specifically for guidance as to how to go about learning to program in the 3 months you have free: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=161042#p161042

^Sah wrote a geniune point no. 2, that a big problem with us we are not used of hard work and always looking for baackdoors.

@anam17

You should have a good analytical skills to get into programming. Well you don't have to code in networking :) . My advice is go for what you are interested in. When a person works on something he is interested in, then he works with his whole mind and heart. At first he might get difficulty but finally he storms through the difficulties.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Everything is difficult and everything requires work. Suck it up and deal with it.
[/quote]

And this applies to everything to which you are new, anam17.

I always get surprised when some one asks such a question. like… "what can I adopt for my profession…"

Believe me, No one can answer exactly what you want in that way.

This is just like the fact we decline usually when the parents force their children to study higher in medical sciences while the children want some thing else to do but not to be a doctor…

Even Parents can’t tell exactly where their children should go with education, and you want others to help in this regard… (I however do not completely agree this statement but this is what mostly is true)

I am also surprised, you are doing Masters and still confused in choosing a specialty … :confused:

- Can I ask what did you study in Bachelors and who advised you to do that?

- And then how did you come to choose IT as Masters…?

You might be thinking, I’ve given a lecture but haven’t advised any thing in your regarding query… But it’s not like that. I have done actually if you concentrate on it…

Any ways, the simple answer is the “Interest” that only you can tell how much interest do you have in which course of study. and 2nd requirement is the “degree-of-excellence” that how do you think you are good in it and how far could you go with it.

You are doing Masters so you must have an idea of all the majors in your given list what they are about and what you actually have to do in them…

And If you don’t have an idea then your question must be to ask “What are these courses and what they require to go with them” instead of "What you should choose"

BTW. “Fundamental Programming” is not the one to be chosen as a major. It simply looks like a sub-part of your course.

I would still wait the answers of above questions I asked.

Join one of these computer course programs where they teach

you the basics about computers (how does their brain work) and

a few programming languages like C, Visual Basic, etc. Whatever

strikes your fancy.

What you'll get out of this, is an idea about both the hardware

and software aspects of IT, above and beyond chatting, surfing

and sending emails to friends. Then you will be in a better position

to decide which branch of IT you have an interest in and a natural

aptitude for.

Some folks take to programming like fish to water. They don't

know this power they have inside, but once they pick it up and

are taught how, they just shine. While others no less intelligent,

just can't get their brains to work around programming.

But neither of these two would have ever known this about them-

selves, until unless they gave it a shot. You will not know what

you want to do, or what you are good at, unless you try it out

first. Don't be afraid. Don't let anybody tell you anything about

what you can/cannot do. Don't get confused. Just do it. Give it

your best.

And then you'll know. And anything which you can do better than

most, you can probably earn a good living doing that.

Sheikh 'Release The Beast' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I would still wait the answers of above questions I asked.

[/quote]

Sir!

i studied mathematics,physics and computer sciences in bachelors…who advised me?

there were plenty of advises but primary reason to choose them was: there were only two options in front of me either to take botany,zoology and chemistry or comp.sci subjects mentioned b4…i didnt wanna study science subj…so i took computer science with maths and physics…

coming into i.t field…again two options…physics and i.t.

i was again confused.plenty of advises were there…

reason again was:

i dont like mathematics,physics practicals(infact i thought they would be difficult fr me)…so i decided to take i.t.now after my holidays i will be shifted in 3rd semester with a very good cgpa in 2 semesters…specially in object oriented programming and data structure.because i like doing programs…but they were the programs that are jst part of course.and not very tough in my view…most of my classfellows could’nt do them but i could…

now whatever the reasons were i am in the field of comp.sci and i want to be good at it.not just to hve a degree as our university is not a top ranked,its degree is less valued…but skills matters.i want to have skills.

i will be grateful if anyone of u can answer this question also

"What are these courses and what they require to go with them??"

thanku SAH,AHMSUN,KA and SHIEKH CHILLI.all our advises meant fr me alot:):cool

What? I.T courses don't have Maths ? :o

@anam17

in which uni?

Oh come on stop wasting money on courses, there are plenty of videos and tutorials online. Start whatever you like there is a job in every IT field. Why ask for so many recommendations if you can make your own !

there is maths....but not the difficult one especially Math B is not included.only programming need mathematics,but i feel it interesting.i hav not wasted money on courses,jst done a dot net course....