Recieving 2mb on a 1mb connection

ive recently put up a new 1mb connetion last month which has been working perfectly fine recieving full 1mb speed on downloads.. but from the last 2-3 days ive noticed that im recieving more than 2mb speed.. which is somehow strange? ive not upgraded my package neither did anyone call and inform me about it...

has anyone else been having this kindda issue? would appreciate a feedback...

strange

might be the package upgradation season is back...u may feel these sort of glitches or in some cases permanent speeds.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ive recently put up a new 1mb connetion last month which has been working perfectly fine recieving full 1mb speed on downloads… but from the last 2-3 days ive noticed that im recieving more than 2mb speed… which is somehow strange? ive not upgraded my package neither did anyone call and inform me about it…

has anyone else been having this kindda issue? would appreciate a feedback…

[/quote]

be ready to pay the bills twice as you do before. :D. apart from joke it’s really a strange factor. Did you contact the ISP or inquire about it?

i finally spoke to someone on their so called "CUSTOMER SUPPORT HELPLINE" and was told that all 1mb users have been upgraded to 2mb for a trial period of 3months with no extra charges!!!

so can any other 1mb user confirm if he/she is receiving 2mb on their 1mb connection??!!!

No No No 1MB to 2MB upgrade was announced in media and was strictly optional. Free for first 3 months as trial after that its cost is 1,499 instead of 1,199 for regular 1MB. If you don't want to pay Rs.300 extra then you must get it disconnected within trial period.

yup i remember that...thankx for the reminder.!

I also have 1mb connection, but I am only receiving 128 KB why ?

I also have 1mb connection, but I am only receiving 128 KB why ?
[/quote]

Ok i just checked my speed again on speedtest.net and here are the results

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1240669573.png

My line stats are as follow

Data Path Interleaved

Operation Mode G.dmt

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 5088 / 920

Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 1536 / 384

SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 23.5 / 19.0

Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 58.0 / 31.5

Power Down/Up(dBm) 16.0 / 12.5

CRC Down/Up 10 / 17

FEC Down/Up 224 / 0

HEC Down/Up 65 / 6

@ smtaqi : you need to get hold of your good old friend ... AKA LINEMAN in order to get full bandwidth!!

@ smtaqi : you need to get hold of your good old friend … AKA LINEMAN in order to get full bandwidth!!
[/quote]

Please explain, What should I say to him ???

Yeah same here...am getting 1.5 Mbps on 1Mbps package from last one week or so.

your rates are 1.5 mbps or the speed is risen ?

^Speed

MY rates are of 6 mb but my speed remains 1mb i am on student package.

Do speed up gradation is on non student package?

Some 1 please tell me how to increase SNR currently it is 9.5/7.0 before it was 23.5 / 19.0

Data Path Interleaved

Operation Mode G.dmt

Max. Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 1888 / 412

Bandwidth Down/Up(kbps) 1536 / 288

SNR Margin Down/Up(dB) 8.5 / 19.0

Attenuation Down/Up(dB) 57.5 / 31.5

Power Down/Up(dBm) 16.0 / 12.0

CRC Down/Up 8752 / 4

FEC Down/Up 6114 / 3

HEC Down/Up 13942 / 45

P.S On this SNR margin I am not receiving 1.5 mb speed

i was on 1mb and now getting 2mb speed

1242354245.png

i m also getting 2 mb but browsing speed and youtube sucks

FluxBB%20bbcode%20testhttp://www.speedtest.net/result/1246467715.png

this what im getting... my profile is update too to 1.5 but still getting 1mb speed

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1246467715.png

this what im getting… my profile is update too to 1.5 but still getting 1mb speed

[/quote]

You still will get 1M…why aren’t you guys understanding the fact that you are paying for 1M package. and desiring for higher then that…profile rate doesn’t reflect your actual package.!!!