Real Capacity of Aftermarket mobilephone batteries

Hi, i have recently tested few aftermrket batteries for capacity and they are having awefull capacity .. i am using opus battery analyzer.

i tested using opus c3100. below are my tests

1: Nokia BL-5CB 800mah battery after 2 years of use had 763 maH capacity.

2: A Chinese BL-5C stating to be 1070mAH supposedly high quality ( Tely brand ) battery turns out to be 750mAh : Cost 400 Rs

3: Two other Chinese after market supposedly 1200mah high quality batteries for samsung s5570 were tested one was 750mAH ( costing 400 rs ) other 570maH (costing 600 rs) charging and discharging was done at 300ma current.

anyone who had luck with some real capacity batteries ? btw if anyone wants to test their battery they can contact me. i will test the real capacity for free and fun to share with other users.. as their is a dearth of information due to which shopkeepers are minting a huge amount .. these batteries shouldnt cost more then 100rs at retail considering 2600mah real panasonic cylinderical cost 300 rs along with shipping cost form china... also if you buy xiaomi 10400mah bank you get four 18650 batteries along with world class battery maangemet system for 20 usd along wiht shipping cost from china ..prismatic shouldnt be that expensive.

here is my thread about it.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/41675#comment-812957

Bump. Strange no one is interested in knowing the real capacity of Chinese batteries?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“jhagra, post:2, topic:22218”]

Bump. Strange no one is interested in knowing the real capacity of Chinese batteries?

[/quote]

I already know about Chinese crap :slight_smile: And I think most of the people have same opinion.

BTW: I have few old laptop batteries (original) lying around (you asked for them but never contacted back). How about checking all cells and selecting good ones to make one good battery?

Can your opus analyze large batteries?

Aurangzeb

[quote=“jhagra, post:2, topic:22218”]

[/quote]

If it were unique per part number, maybe. However, there are 100’s of manufacturers packaging similar battery under same model number and each will have different capacity. Buying Chinese means compromising on quality/capacity as far as this instance goes. As such because of this, capacity of one particular battery holds little meaning.

BTW, is this Opus thing accurate?

[quote=“Asad, post:5, topic:22218”]

If it were unique per part number, maybe. However, there are 100’s of manufacturers packaging similar battery under same model number and each will have different capacity. Buying Chinese means compromising on quality/capacity as far as this instance goes. As such because of this, capacity of one particular battery holds little meaning.

BTW, is this Opus thing accurate?

[/quote]

yes opus is very reliable. opus is big name in medical imaging and diagnostics … it can only measure capcity of liion /nimh/nicd/

you are correct in saying that there are a lot of mutations of chiens and what is writtine on them is irrelevant. so knowing how much they are holding real capacity is something that is important.

thats y i wanted to do a sort of tests… i purchased two absolutely high quality mobile phone batteries from different markets and they were not performing well . so had to test them and shocking results are before you //

[quote=“aurangzebhaque, post:4, topic:22218”]

Aurangzeb

[/quote]

which large batteries ?

it cant measure capacity of lead acid .

[quote=“Ijaz_Ahmed, post:3, topic:22218”]

I already know about Chinese crap :slight_smile: And I think most of the people have same opinion.

BTW: I have few old laptop batteries (original) lying around (you asked for them but never contacted back). How about checking all cells and selecting good ones to make one good battery?

[/quote]

i sourced a lot of old dead laptop batteries and at most from each battery 3-5 ok cells were extracted … but their capacity was depleted by 50-70 % . so a 2600 mah cell would show as 400-1400mah. very few were holding at least 70 -80 % of original capacity

[quote=“aurangzebhaque, post:4, topic:22218”]

Aurangzeb

[/quote]

Any specific requirement?

Opus is li-ion and ni-mh specific. and no its not the same as the medical/diagnostics company iirc.

[quote=“Asad, post:9, topic:22218”]

Any specific requirement?

[/quote]

Just out of curiosity to know what these big lead acid battery manufacturers’ claims are legit or otherwise.

Aurangzeb