Re-Newal of expired NIC?

AoA,

My NIC has been expired, so I need a guidance on how to re-new it and I also want to change my permanent address in my NIC. Someone has told me if I only re-new my existing NIC then it will be easy process and require less time but If I ask for re-newal with change of address then it will be long process.

So I need suggestions and personal experience regarding the NIC re-newal process and also can I do this from any NADRA office (I am in Lahore)?

Thanks,

Maverick

Just go to the NADRA office, just tell them you want the renewal as well as the change of address. After submitting their fees, they will give you a token number. Upon your turn, data entry person will enter your required changes, then thumb impression and sign etc you will be given a form (already filled), you have to sign it and then attestation is required from a first class officer. Thats all.

I have changed my address while renewal of my CNIC at the same day. After completion of data entry, a person gave me the filled form, which upon attestation NADRA issued a new CNIC in just fifteen days.

Regards

IF you only want to renew without changing any details do you need to take birth certificate or other documentation with you?

So after getting the filled form from data entry person , I would have to come back home and then would have have to attest it from a first class officer ? Or it can be attested in NADRA office on same day ?

And to submit the form after getting the attestation from 1st class office ( which people are 1st class officers ???) , do I have get the token again and wait in queue ?

I dont have much problem on number of days NADRA takes to renew my NIC , I dont want to waste my time standing in queue , waiting for token etc...

So whats best and efficient way ?

Thanks,

Maverick

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Just go to the NADRA office, just tell them you want the renewal as well as the change of address. After submitting their fees, they will give you a token number. Upon your turn, data entry person will enter your required changes, then thumb impression and sign etc you will be given a form (already filled), you have to sign it and then attestation is required from a first class officer. Thats all.

I have changed my address while renewal of my CNIC at the same day. After completion of data entry, a person gave me the filled form, which upon attestation NADRA issued a new CNIC in just fifteen days.

Regards

[/quote]

which one you opt for? Normal, Urgent or Speed Track?

So after getting the filled form from data entry person , I would have to come back home and then would have have to attest it from a first class officer ? Or it can be attested in NADRA office on same day ?

And to submit the form after getting the attestation from 1st class office ( which people are 1st class officers ???) , do I have get the token again and wait in queue ?

I dont have much problem on number of days NADRA takes to renew my NIC , I dont want to waste my time standing in queue , waiting for token etc…

So whats best and efficient way ?

Thanks,

Maverick

[/quote]

this is the process

Pay Money > Get Token > Have a Photoshoot > Signature and Finger prints Scanning > Data Entry / Form Filling > Old NIC Submit + Sign by NADRA Officer > Attest Form > Submit it at a separate counter

Tips for Avoiding Queues:

- Try to find out a Swift center which stays open till late night upto 8 PM. Go there at around 7:30 PM

- Or Try to reach a center just 30 minutes before closure

How this works. When the closing time approaches the Queue becomes short in most cases as People usually don’t stand in a long queue when the closing time is near as they think it will be useless as their turn wouldn’t come.

Thanks for the response.

But the question in the below process is that I would have to attest the form from somewhere else,

Sign by NADRA Officer > ???? Attest Form > Submit it at a separate counter

so I would have to come back NADRA office to submit the attested form , RIGHT ??? or I can get my forms attested from within NADRA office ???

I am in Model Town Lahore, so any one can suggest in which NADRA office I should go to avoid long queues ?

Thanks,

Maverick

Thanks for the response.

But the question in the below process is that I would have to attest the form from somewhere else,

Sign by NADRA Officer > ??? Attest Form > Submit it at a separate counter

so I would have to come back NADRA office to submit the attested form , RIGHT ??? or I can get my forms attested from within NADRA office ???

I am in Model Town Lahore, so any one can suggest in which NADRA office I should go to avoid long queues ?

Thanks,

Maverick

[/quote]

Yes you have to come back and sign the form from the 1st class Officer, (please note that the officer signature should be same on the form as he/she had on his CNIC, and he/she will required to qrite his/her CNIC number too on the form, it will be checked by NADRA, after your submission).

I am not from lahore so cannot suggest any.

Regards

Normally 1st class officer who knows you will sign or you have to go to an officer with some reference.

Regards

Regards

[/quote]

best advice.

Guys i just got affected by some inefficient NADRA employee. After 2 weeks i called at 111-786-100 to get the status of my NIC. The operator asked my form number and told me they haven't got my FORM forwarded to them from Swift center where i have submitted my form. She asked me to met the in-charge there.

I went their, the Guard didn't let me enter the Office and told me to Goto complaints and information counter and get your status from there first. I went there the Person there checked my form in the Database, and searched my form in a pile of forms placed with him. It wasn't there. He told me to come inside and meet in-charge.

Long story short, some one there has put forwarded my FORM in Next Stage without Scanning it. Now it has got scanned but i have lost 2 weeks.

Now, a friend who has applied along with me on the same day and time got his NIC in 2 weeks. But i'll have to wait 2 weeks more for a mistake which i haven't done. FML.

^

Same happened in my case. I took my father in Jhelum Nadra office to renew ID card and these monsters didn't even gave me form for getting attested. Nor did they asked about the overseas card.

After 15 days the objection was found that yyou didn't told about the overseas card and moreover you didn't submitted an attested form. I asked their manager whose fault is this? And the plain reply was that "yes its Nadras fault but the customer will have to pay again". I also sent an online complaint with all reference but noone replied.

Now I had to pay Rs.200 again. The whole process started again and I got the card on 12th day.

Although the system is computerised but the people working in this organization are not in control of the system.

^ see they have the info that you have an Overseas card but why you have to tell them again and why they have to ask it again?

The system is for sure computerized but it is not being updated to remove loop holes and their is no Quality assurance over incompetent workers.