Razer piranha or razer barracuda

I want headphones for movie watching purposes, not so much gaming. These are the best options available. What i want to know is whether 5.1 headphones are any good or not?

It's a personal choice. I never go for 5.1 headphones. Simple stereo headphones are enough for me. I simply can't understand 5.1 headphones. 5.1 surround sound is suppose to have 6 speakers with specific arrangement.

2 Front speakers (left and right)

2 Rear speakers (left and right)

1 Middle speaker (front and mono)

1 Sub-woofer (front and in middle or little to a side)

My guess is that 5.1 headphones are actually "virtual" or "simulated" 5.1 surround sound, not the actual one.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

no what you're talking about is emulating surround sound via software. 5.1 headphones actually have 8 discreet drivers for the 6 speaker arrangement.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My guess is that 5.1 headphones are actually “virtual” or “simulated” 5.1 surround sound, not the actual one.
[/quote]

agree with that . i also have A4tech HD-200 7.1 Channel Dolby Surround Headfone.

but it gives me the reality of 7.1 channel :D .

@Topic Starter

if u want to buy a Normal Home Entertainment Headfone then i’ll suggest u to go for A4Tech HD200 or HD800 . Razer’s product are to much expensive and it is not for Home Use , its for Gaming purpose only and it also has not 5.1/7.1 Surround Effect.