.rar folder password removal software?

I want u to suggest the software for removal of password of .rar folder.I have got the subscription folder in the cd but when I open it,it asks for password and I found no password.Wrong password leads to wrong diagnostic WINRAR messages.

any software to unlock this????

you will have to bruteforce the password which is quite time consuming!

search google for rar password cracker

dogarsahab, i dunno about password-removal apps for rar archives, but there are softwares that'd find the password on the archive of ur choice by brute forcing.

but the software i tested for 'guessing' the archive password of my choice took around 34 mins for 4-5 letter password on a C2D. The long the password, it'll take exponentially more time. so for 6,7 letter password, it might take 2,3 days :)

EDIT: damn you saad, :P you beat me to it :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dogarsahab, i dunno about password-removal apps for rar archives, but there are softwares that’d find the password on the archive of ur choice by brute forcing.

but the software i tested for ‘guessing’ the archive password of my choice took around 34 mins for 4-5 letter password on a C2D. The long the password, it’ll take exponentially more time. so for 6,7 letter password, it might take 2,3 days :)

[/quote]

2,3 day without load shedding i think! haina?

^ well thats what i was about to write , if the password has around 10-11 characters it might as well take 2-3 months or even a year and thats not do-able here, caz i dont think if one can keep his/her pc running for more than a week even with a UPS here :)

P.S.: most of these password-cracking apps do have some some sort of a resuming ability, the one i tried allowed u to store ur progress and resume at a later time, cant remember its name caz the app got sweeped with my previous windows last month.

I have a software for searching the encrypted files..but obviously that will not work because its not the case of decryption..i need altogether a new password!!!

The thing with brute forcing is that you specify the characters (lowercase, uppercase and numbers.) no one knows what the password contains and using all the three characters is just out of the question. could take months. the last time i trued brute forcing it was taking 2 weeks for a 10 character pass with only lower case characters.

P.S.: most of these password-cracking apps do have some some sort of a resuming ability, the one i tried allowed u to store ur progress and resume at a later time, cant remember its name caz the app got sweeped with my previous windows last month.
[/quote]

I Think you are talking about “Ultimate Zip Cracker” It is a very good bruteforcer. Its speed is good too.

AFAIK rar password cracking is not possible,

last month some one uploaded software on torrent site and gave comments its not possible he came back to me and said try it but i never tried it let me check my human memory.

RAR file password cracking is possible. The time required to it is just not feasible.

RAR file password cracking is possible. The time required to it is just not feasible.
[/quote]

That’s right. However a six or seven character password can be cracked within the plausible time limits.

AFAIK rar password cracking is not possible,

last month some one uploaded software on torrent site and gave comments its not possible he came back to me and said try it but i never tried it let me check my human memory.

[/quote]

it is possible…I did that…but however I didnt complete because it was taking much time and the other reason was that my problem was also solved due to ehich I needed that thing!!!