Rar files

do any body knows how to run rar files on pc i have downloaded many rar files from rapidshare.com but can i open them on my pc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

do any body knows how to run rar files on pc i have downloaded many rar files from rapidshare.com but can i open them on my pc
[/quote]

just download 7 zip it will take care of them

or winrar

[/quote]

helooooooo…

Anyone knows about a papular and useful software named as winrar

i think its the best software for compresion and takes care of many extensions inclding zip files

man u should have it in ur pc all time

[/quote]

download winrar :)

just google for 7zip, its the best and free compression software available. 7zip compresses much better than winzip and winrar. but it supports rar and zip file formats along with a dozen other compression formats.

2nd on my favs list is winrar, ...

winrar and 7zip are a-must softwares on any pc connected to d the WWW

You don't really need WinRAR after you've got 7-zip!

But many people prefer WinRAR because of its better user interface I think.

You don’t really need WinRAR after you’ve got 7-zip!

But many people prefer WinRAR because of its better user interface I think.

[/quote]

yes i prefer winrar coz i am used to its UI

Winrar. Should be the sixth element of life. You can't survive in the online world without this piece of software.

Winrar. Should be the sixth element of life. You can’t survive in the online world without this piece of software.
[/quote]

I wonder what is the fifth element of nature? :) Because there are only four Greek Classical Elements :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

I wonder what is the fifth element of nature? :) Because there are only four Greek Classical Elements :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

[/quote]

firefox? :P

wampyr: You got me man. The Greek elements are four.

But then SaadIbrahim, yes, this one surely is the fifth.

7zip all the way..... :)

I'm a big time fan of 7zip.... (http://www.7-zip.org/)

7zip can decompress a rar archive, however it can't pack a file into rar due to licensing restriction.

Having said that, who needs a rar package, 7z(the native 7zip format) is much more efficient in compression as compared to rar. :)

oh btw, dere is another good freeware ==> ALZip.

link: http://www.altools.com/