Rapid Ping Fluctuations

I have a 2mb PTCL Internet connection and it’s been working pretty smooth in the past for me. I mostly only use the internet to play online game (Dota 2) and I get a decent enough ping. (110 - 160)

For these past few weeks, I have been experiencing sudden ping fluctuations and extreme spikes after about anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes of a smooth game.The ping all of a sudden goes from 110 to 150 to 170 and back to 110 then upto 200 then back to 110. Although, the ping itself never raises too much, the fluctuation is super Rapid and it changes 6-7 times in less than a second. The game suddenly starts to EXTREMELY lag and spike and I have to play (more like watch) the whole game in episodes. The entire game freezes, then sort of resumes after 1 second, and everyone moves a little ahead in the direction they were facing, then freezes again then resumes. That’s how it looks like if you see it when that happens. The whole game occurs in intervals.

I read that enabling G.Dmt only while disabling all the others, gives lower ping so I disabled everything else couple of months ago and it had been really smooth for me uptil now.
After I started having this issue, I thought the other boxes might have been responsible for stabilizing the ping or something, so I re-enabled them one week ago. It didn’t quite spike for sometime after that (probably a week or so) until now, it has started to do this again. I have been registering online complaints for “Online gaming lags” on the PTCL website and everytime they send the lineman who is disappointed-ly looking at me telling me there is no problem from the back-end. (Surprisingly enough, everytime I do register the complaint, the problem seems to go away for some time).

I am super desperate to get this fixed. If you have any idea what might be causing this or how can I fix this, please let me know.
Thanks a bunch.

Extra Info:

My statistics in the ADSL tab are more than optimal from what I can understand.

Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
Traffic Type: ATM
Link Power State: L0

Downstream	                   Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis): On On

SNR Margin (dB): 28.1 11.0

Attenuation (dB): 3.0 3.0

Output Power (0.1 dBm): 98 123

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 13176 1356

The Attainable Rate becomes 27k if I check all the boxes (ADSL2, ADSL2+, AnnexL, G.Dmt, G.lite, T1.413) except AnnexM and goes down to 13k if I only enable G.Dmt.

Path 0		                               Path 1	

---------------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
Downstream Upstream | Downstream Upstream

Rate (Kbps): 7168 1088 0 0

Two of the things that concern me in these settings are Output power and Rate.
Even though, my connection is 2mb and I barely get 400kbps download speed, the rate is always 7168 in Downstream and 1088 in Upstream. Shouldn’t those values be for an 8mb connection?

Also, everytime my game begins to spike I check these values to see if anything changed. Most of the times, all the settings are pretty much the same, but sometimes, the downstream Output power lowers to 20-35 from 98-100. What is it’s significance?

In the DSL Settings, I currently have

G.dmt -Checked
G.lite -Checked
T1.413 -Checked
ADSL2 -Checked
AnnexL -Checked
ADSL2+ -Checked
AnnexM -Unchecked

Inner Pair -Checked
Outer Pair -Unchecked

Bitswap -Checked
SRA -Unchecked

Should I again uncheck all the other (G.lite upto ADSL2+) and only leave G.dmt? Please let me know. Thankyou!

7186 = 3186 + 4000 roughly… 4Mbps internet and 3186Mbps for SmartTV. Your connection is not 2Mbps.