Range of Wireless LAN

can someone please tell me the max and low range of wireless LAN .

And cost for such network

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can someone please tell me the max and low range of wireless LAN .

And cost for such network

[/quote]

100 ft i guess

100 ft i guess

[/quote]

I guess thats about right. I have a wireless router and i can only use it within my home and if im far from the router like 2-3 rooms away, the signal reception isnt really good.

Ofcourse it also depends on if there’s anything in between the router and your device. If there are walls etc in between then you dont get great signals.

depends on your wireless router mostly. the routers sold at 2200-3600 PKR have antennas of 2.5-3.0 dBi. This usually covers area of 300 Feet in line of sight. But in concrete homes it can cover distances of 50-70 feet.

you can buy separate antenna i got 7dBi antenna for 900 PKR. does my job .

as for wifi LAN adapter.. you can get that from 1500-3500 PKR. N-series wifi lan adapters are costly. But they pick signals easily. If you are on laptop its better to use cardbus wifi instead of USB. cost is that is 1200 used models.

bottom line is ..its the router antenna that matters most..

my friend's house is about 150 meter away from my house what should i need for wireless LAN

my friend’s house is about 150 meter away from my house what should i need for wireless LAN
[/quote]

Just forget it.It will be very expensive to setup Wifi on 150 Meter range

Wi-Fi range depends on:

1. Line of sight

2. Angle

3. Any obstacles in between like walls

So can't really say the exact range but yes it will be around 80 feet I guess.

Your best shot would be to set it up using a wired connection rather then Wireless. You're 150 Meter away.. Even if you get signals, you wont get great speed.

my friend’s house is about 150 meter away from my house what should i need for wireless LAN
[/quote]

Try a high-gain antenna of 12-16dBi from the access point - omni directional preferred but normal beam of 60-90deg will work as well as long as you adjust.). Or 2x8dbi on AP and receiver’s end. Factors that will affect performance such as walls, LOS etc. will help you decide out of the two options.

It’ll probably cost you around 6-7k (yes, using the cheaper brands).

Try a high-gain antenna of 12-16dBi from the access point - omni directional preferred but normal beam of 60-90deg will work as well as long as you adjust.). Or 2x8dbi on AP and receiver’s end. Factors that will affect performance such as walls, LOS etc. will help you decide out of the two options.

It’ll probably cost you around 6-7k (yes, using the cheaper brands).

[/quote]

That’s cheap man.I thought these type of antennas cost 50-60K.

Wajid make sure you encrypt your wifi or your neighbors will enjoy free internet.

encrypt+ hide broadcast plus MAC restrict both ends..

thanks for your respons i think wired LAN will be best because of my budjet limitation

my aztech 605ew costs 4,500rs

range is 300m in open air

+ its a dsl wireless router

my aztech 605ew costs 4,500rs

range is 300m in open air

+ its a dsl wireless router

[/quote]

I don’t know of any such router but even if it does so be prepared for glitches as this “300m” range is far beyond the range in official IEEE standard specs.

Depends on the standard you are Using!

I don’t know of any such router but even if it does so be prepared for glitches as this “300m” range is far beyond the range in official IEEE standard specs.

[/quote]

Are these the same model LINKdotNET is giving out?

[/quote]

How abt a microwave E1 :D:)

Are these the same model LINKdotNET is giving out?

[/quote]

yeah it is the same model LDN is giving