Ram Question

Hi,

I have C4200, 2 x 512 MB DDR2, 533 MHz installed in my laptop.Now If i purchase ram with (667MHZ) will it work in my laptop?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi,

I have C4200, 2 x 512 MB DDR2, 533 MHz installed in my laptop.Now If i purchase ram with (667MHZ) will it work in my laptop?

[/quote]

yes it wil the only thing is that the new 667 MHz RAM will clock itself down to 533 MHz to match speeds of the slower RAM

I will replace old ram with 2X 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ RAM...The ram will still clock itself down to 533 MHZ?

I will replace old ram with 2X 1 GB DDR2 667 MHZ RAM…The ram will still clock itself down to 533 MHZ?
[/quote]

the RAM will clock itself down to whatever the lowest one is

but if both ur RAM sticks are 667 MHz then no the RAM will not clock itself down

So motherboard has nothing to do with it?How can i check if my laptop motherboard supports 667 MHZ?

So motherboard has nothing to do with it?How can i check if my laptop motherboard supports 667 MHZ?
[/quote]

motherboard is also a factor i think

for checkin ur mobo u can use a tool called CPU Z its a free tool and u can download it from http://www.filehippo.com/download_cpuz/

Max Bandwidth: PC2-5300 (333 Mhz)

So will ram with 667 Mhz work on my laptop?

Max Bandwidth: PC2-5300 (333 Mhz)

So will ram with 667 Mhz work on my laptop?

[/quote]

yes i did a lil research and u will be able to run 667 MHz RAM on ur mobo

RAM clocks it self automatically down to either a) the highest speed of the motherboard supports and or B) the highest speed of the other memory installed.

Inversely, your RAM, collectively performs as fast as your slowest set of RAM regardless of their individual speeds.

SECC, check ur MotherBoard make and model, then search for the RAM speeds it supports.

it might even support 800MHz ram (which sadly isn't available in the value-genre in the local market), you can buy the costly Corsair gaming/overclocking one in 800Mhz speed though.

CPUZ reads the actual clock, which is 333mHz. Since RAM is dual data rate, effective bandwidth is double, thus 667mHz so my rams will work fine:D.

Purchased 2X1GB Crosair 667 DDR2 MHZ SODIMM and it's running at 667 MHZ...